Peter Sellers
Reginald Perrin
Steptoe and Son
Alf Garnett

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm proud that, for most of us, our love of our country does not extend to the hatred of all others.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Excluding France, Germany, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and Argentina.

I have no problem with any of them. Except Germany, their wine is not as good as it used to be.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I have no problem with any of them. Except Germany, their wine is not as good as it used to be.

Funnily the only one that I have affection for is Germany. Germans are efficient and down to earth. Their football is sorted out properly by the fans.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Think previous generations had more to be proud of being British (not necessarily English), not that I think pride, particularly excessive pride, is a healthy thing at all.

Sorry, but I personally now spend far more of my life being embarrassed by British and particularly proud English behaviour and attitudes. It's a good question though, but I really can't think of a positive general answer relevant in the present day other than the generosity of the public toward charitable events.

You have used your computer to post on an internet chatroom using the English language, that's three things to be proud about isn't it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think pride is the wrong word. Can you technically be proud of something you had no input into? Admiration is probably a better word.

Indeed. Much prefer the word love. E.g. I love British music.

Always find people who have a lot of pride some of the worst.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Son of a French Asylum Seeker/political refugee. However both he and his dad were engineering geniuses (genii?).

Not quite, as an avowed Royalist Brunel Sr had fled to US when the revolution broke out, and subsequently took out US citizenship.

If anything he was an economic migrant; money was where his loyalty was.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has HP sauce been mentioned? I remember on safari a proper English dry up being served in the bush and thinking this is almost perfect if only we had some HP sauce...and then the cook pulled out a bottle for the perfect come dine with me 10/10! Only thing missing was my Pith helmet!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't we mostly start it too though?!

Fair to say that we helped to take it global but my understanding was that slavery was rife in Africa long before we came along. Warring tribes would make slaves of those they defeated.

I get what you mean, but putting the bottom 3 with the top 6 was a bit of a misfit.

Reggie Perrin ffs?

Do you mind if I ask how old you are. If, as I am guessing, you are referring the remake of Reggie Perrin then I would agree but the poster was, I believe, referring to the original with the late Leonard Rossiter. Apologies if you are in fact referring to the original and if you are, then it is just a difference of opinion.

That the rest of the World has a very short list. Do keep up..

Read in a rush, apologies.

Can I add 'tolerance' to the list?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here