Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What shall I do

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I had a similar e-mail last year , we eventually sussed out a relatives e-mail account had been hacked via Facebook.

Not a lot gets past you, does it?

One day there will be a genuine instance where someone is stranded abroad with no money and no phone but with access to email and will desperately email people looking for help. And everyone will whisper "no"

I'd be fairly confident that I would be able to work out it was genuine as they wouldn't keep using words like 'kindly' over and over again.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Interesting piece in the Evening Standard on this several months ago. I think Emma will struggle to get control of her email account again.

Just received this email from someone I don't and I am now in a state of flux. Do I help her or not?

Am Sorry to bother you with this mail, but I'm out of the country in Cyprus and found myself in a situation which i really need to take care of now. I need a loan of £3500 but will appreciate any amount you can help me with, Would have called but i lost mobile phone to the incident , I'll explain the situation better and refund the money back to you immediately i get back home. Kindly get back to me as soon as you get this email to let me know if you can help me with this. Kindly keep this between us.I hope to hear from you in no distant time. I am sincerely sorry if you feel bothered or embarrassed by this message.
Thanks.

Emma

Don'y worry i had a similar email and have sent the cash,hope emma is ok.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have sent around £20K to my female nigerian lady yet she has yet to meet after all those promises, what is going wrong ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I once fell victim to a clever con artist who engaged me in conversation on a train and managed to convince me that he was a friend of my family. It seems so bizarre and hazy now that I am not sure if it could have been in a dream rather than real - but I'm fairly sure it was real and I think i coughed up £20 to "help him get home"...!!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can you transfer a negative amount of money?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Don`t worry,I`ll send you a cheque for double that amount!! You won`t belieeeve this, I`ve just won £10,000,000 on the Nigerian Lottery!!

So have I. Remarkable.

All I have to do is send £35,000 to pay the fees and tax to release the cash prize monies.

Have remortgaged my house and am on it.

£35,000 to get 10 MILLION is a bargain!

Easy street from now on. May even upgrade to a 1901 seat.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

No it's a scam I had similar experience some years ago. My email account was hacked and email similar to yours was sent to every contact in my address book!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it is, sounds pretty geuine to me. When it comes to helping out a friend in need, always better to play it safe - the poor girl's stuck in Cyrprus !

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
" I hope to hear from you IN NO DISTANT TIME"
Well that would do it for me straight away SSSSCCCCAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM !!!

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Sounds a little bit fishy to me, but just to make sure she's real i'm willing to go over to Cyprus & verify her existance, which might take a fortnight & the missus will have to
come as well (she speaks greek/turkish) if you are willing to pay for it!!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Just received this email from someone I don't and I am now in a state of flux. Do I help her or not?

Am Sorry to bother you with this mail, but I'm out of the country in Cyprus and found myself in a situation which i really need to take care of now. I need a loan of £3500 but will appreciate any amount you can help me with, Would have called but i lost mobile phone to the incident , I'll explain the situation better and refund the money back to you immediately i get back home. Kindly get back to me as soon as you get this email to let me know if you can help me with this. Kindly keep this between us.I hope to hear from you in no distant time. I am sincerely sorry if you feel bothered or embarrassed by this message.
Thanks.

Emma

Oh please. If you give this a second's thought you need to be scammed in order to learn a lesson!

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
And... replying to it tells them they've got a live one and your address is then used again and again!

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Emma

Are you likely to get a nosh from this bird?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here