Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What shall I do

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Just received this email from someone I don't and I am now in a state of flux. Do I help her or not?

Am Sorry to bother you with this mail, but I'm out of the country in Cyprus and found myself in a situation which i really need to take care of now. I need a loan of £3500 but will appreciate any amount you can help me with, Would have called but i lost mobile phone to the incident , I'll explain the situation better and refund the money back to you immediately i get back home. Kindly get back to me as soon as you get this email to let me know if you can help me with this. Kindly keep this between us.I hope to hear from you in no distant time. I am sincerely sorry if you feel bothered or embarrassed by this message.
Thanks.

Emma

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
No it's a scam I had similar experience some years ago. My email account was hacked and email similar to yours was sent to every contact in my address book!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2011
Afraid not. Call me cynical but i'd need more proof that this. Who knows, she may have had her email hacked. IF she rung me, AND she's a very close friend then I would consider it if I had the funds available.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Send 7k because she will only ask for more and it saves all these emails back and forth.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It's defo genuine... you have to help the damsel in distress...

Lets all chip in and raise the 3.5k

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's defo genuine... you have to help the damsel in distress...

Lets all chip in and raise the 350k

350K?
Let's hope you're not a banker.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I had a similar e-mail last year , we eventually sussed out a relatives e-mail account had been hacked via Facebook.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One day there will be a genuine instance where someone is stranded abroad with no money and no phone but with access to email and will desperately email people looking for help. And everyone will whisper "no"

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Incidentally, this scam (which is happening more and more often), is a great argument for not having addresses saved within a webmail account address book.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I would want to know the exact situation if i was going to lend her the money, if she wants you to trust her with that sum of money, she should trust you enough to tell you the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here