Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What result do we want from Brentford vs Fulham

What result do we want from Brentford vs Fulham?

• Draw

Votes: 184 81.1%
  • Brentford win

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Fulham win

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Fence, it matters not we’ll finish above both of them anyway

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I'm unsure why some of you are referring to our 'flukey' win against you.
Be honest!! Did ‘you’ at any point throughout the game think you would get away with any more than a draw and weren’t hanging on for dear life?! You def weren’t waiting/expecting to get the winning goal like we certainly were!

Yes, we lost, but we no less battered you for 89mins! (Prob more like 59 when you consider how much time your players spent rolling around on the floor holding their face.)

I would argue that the only reason we conceded was because we were overly confident in getting the win. That was our mistake! BUT, personally, happy to lose fighting for a win, playing great football (minus a goal) than settling for a draw, which I think a lot of teams would’ve done under the circumstances and def would’ve got it, as would we, EASILY, if we’d of wanted it. (It would’ve been a draw if Potter was our manager for example, that’s for sure, but we wouldn’t of beat WH 4:0 either, so, net/net, over the course of the season, dropping some points to you is fine if we end up in Europe.)

Under the circumstances, I can therefore completely understand why many consider your win a bit flukey!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha - I have now! By the way, I'm unsure why some of you are referring to our 'flukey' win against you. Surely you've had enough time to realise that it was a masterclass in game management and smash and grab coupled with you leaving your shooting boots in the changing room (my Albion mates seem to have come to this conclusion, and are even talking me now)? [Puts tin hat on and ducks back down behind the parapet].

As far as tonight is concerned, we don't have Palhinha (suspended) to break up play or score worldies, but his replacement Lukic looks ok and should link up ok with Worthing's Harrison Reed in midfield. Mitro will be back and he looked better against Leeds. Our supersub Manor Solomon may get a start before Willian. The Bus Stop in Hounslow will have Toney playing and he loves to try to outscore Mitro and it should be a good atmosphere. My heart says another away victory, my head says a draw. I'll be happy to stay ahead of Albion and Brentford.
It WAS a flukey win peppered with cheating to get it. Game management? Oh do f*** off :lolol:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I was being ironic, we were all as surprised to get the win as you were to lose (hence the 'limbs'). I doubt Silva was playing for the draw as he never does but we were poor, missing Mitro (his holdup play, the extra space he creates for other Fulham attackers) and riding our luck against the better team on the day. If Silva had instructed players to feign injury from the get go, I DEPLORE THOSE TACTICS WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY BEING. Happy? 😆

Yeah, happy for a point to be lost in the draw.

Fulham getting too far ahead could prove to be dispiriting if we don't turn games into points quickly enough, and also share some of the dark horse fears about Brentford. We could do with Toney's ban happening sooner rather than later to end their season.

Ultimately, though, if we can't finish above both of them, we don't deserve the potential spoils of an away day in Lithuania (other remote footballing outposts are available).
This.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was being ironic, we were all as surprised to get the win as you were to lose (hence the 'limbs'). I doubt Silva was playing for the draw as he never does but we were poor, missing Mitro (his holdup play, the extra space he creates for other Fulham attackers) and riding our luck against the better team on the day. If Silva had instructed players to feign injury from the get go, I DEPLORE THOSE TACTICS WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY BEING. Happy? 😆
Liar, you bloody loved it :lolol:

As did we when we used to beat you one way or the other, often undeservedly, until recently :down:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Haha - I have now! By the way, I'm unsure why some of you are referring to our 'flukey' win against you. Surely you've had enough time to realise that it was a masterclass in game management and smash and grab coupled with you leaving your shooting boots in the changing room (my Albion mates seem to have come to this conclusion, and are even talking me now)? [Puts tin hat on and ducks back down behind the parapet].

As far as tonight is concerned, we don't have Palhinha (suspended) to break up play or score worldies, but his replacement Lukic looks ok and should link up ok with Worthing's Harrison Reed in midfield. Mitro will be back and he looked better against Leeds. Our supersub Manor Solomon may get a start before Willian. The Bus Stop in Hounslow will have Toney playing and he loves to try to outscore Mitro and it should be a good atmosphere. My heart says another away victory, my head says a draw. I'll be happy to stay ahead of Albion and Brentford.
There was a few of your players who could have used that tin hat you're on about.....that would have saved the NHS some money from the A&E visits♿

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
With two games in hand with Leeds and Palace to come it’s very much in our own hands and this manager together with this group of players I feel extremely confident we will make the FA Cup final and finish in 5th place

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With two games in hand with Leeds and Palace to come it’s very much in our own hands and this manager together with this group of players I feel extremely confident we will make the FA Cup final and finish in 5th place
Assuming we take care of business in the QF, the FA Cup Final depends almost entirely on avoiding City and Utd in the SF imo (yes even despite yesterday). Whilst I can back us "on our day" to beat anyone, those two are the clubs who have multiple players very well accustomed to handling the big occasion and getting the job done. That said, I'd go into the game FAR more confident than I did last time we were vs City at Wembley, as we are worlds better than we were back then and they are not looking quite the side they were. But turning one of them over in the SF, especially City...blimey, we'd have earned it if that happens.

Top 6 is looking increasingly attainable if our main men remain fit and we take full advantage of those games in hand. I just hope the cluster of fixtures coming up to catch those games up doesn't do for us.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
0-0

Plus a full squad riot on the bench and down the tunnel... cards been thrown up like confetti...

please?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Home win.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing but much better than a Fulham win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here