Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What result do we want from Brentford vs Fulham

What result do we want from Brentford vs Fulham?

• Draw

Votes: 184 81.1%
  • Brentford win

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Fulham win

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Fence, it matters not we’ll finish above both of them anyway

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Indeed, we have huffed and puffed against Fulham twice this season and didn’t deserve to win in either of the games.
We definitely deserved to beat them at home. We dominated the whole match and they nicked a goal with pretty much their only attack.

In the away match we couldn’t cope with their physicality but still could have nicked a point in the end.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We definitely deserved to beat them at home. We dominated the whole match and they nicked a goal with pretty much their only attack.

In the away match we couldn’t cope with their physicality but still could have nicked a point in the end.
My view on those two games possession means nothing if we don’t work the keeper. I thought they defended really well in both games.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As it stands our fate lies in our own hands (or feet) so I'd rather concentrate on the very tough task of getting another 6 or 7 wins this season.

I'd prefer a draw but to be honest I could talk myself into spinning any result this evening positively.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Tricky one. In my view you're are only as good as your last 5 games and it really depends on who you have left to play:

Newcastle last 5 games = 3 points (due to play away)
Fulham last 5 games = 8 points (not due to play BHAFC)
Brighton last 5 games = 8 points
Brentford last 5 games = 9 points (due to play at home)

Given we have 1 game in hand on NUFC and currently 2 games in hand on Fulham I would plump for a Fulham win. We will have 3 games to claw back 4 points and a chance to increase our lead on Brentford at home. Newcastle are in a poor run of form so hoping they see to themselves.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My view on those two games possession means nothing if we don’t work the keeper. I thought they defended really well in both games.
We had the ball in the net twice. One offside was only ruled out after a VAR call. Another day we win that game comfortably.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I happen to be going tonight and given the similarities in our style I’ll be totally miffed if Fulham go there and play an open game given their Amex shenanigans.

I’d love a high scoring draw so hoping for a Desmond with a last minute Brentford equaliser.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only think one of these will end up in the top 10 in the end but no idea which one.

Draw would be fine

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I see @BrightonCottager has logged in and voted 

edit - I could have sworn there was a Fulham win vote but it’s not there now!
Haha - I have now! By the way, I'm unsure why some of you are referring to our 'flukey' win against you. Surely you've had enough time to realise that it was a masterclass in game management and smash and grab coupled with you leaving your shooting boots in the changing room (my Albion mates seem to have come to this conclusion, and are even talking me now)? [Puts tin hat on and ducks back down behind the parapet].

As far as tonight is concerned, we don't have Palhinha (suspended) to break up play or score worldies, but his replacement Lukic looks ok and should link up ok with Worthing's Harrison Reed in midfield. Mitro will be back and he looked better against Leeds. Our supersub Manor Solomon may get a start before Willian. The Bus Stop in Hounslow will have Toney playing and he loves to try to outscore Mitro and it should be a good atmosphere. My heart says another away victory, my head says a draw. I'll be happy to stay ahead of Albion and Brentford.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Draw means both drop potential points.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Haha - I have now! By the way, I'm unsure why some of you are referring to our 'flukey' win against you. Surely you've had enough time to realise that it was a masterclass in game management and smash and grab coupled with you leaving your shooting boots in the changing room (my Albion mates seem to have come to this conclusion, and are even talking me now)? [Puts tin hat on and ducks back down behind the parapet].

As far as tonight is concerned, we don't have Palhinha (suspended) to break up play or score worldies, but his replacement Lukic looks ok and should link up ok with Worthing's Harrison Reed in midfield. Mitro will be back and he looked better against Leeds. Our supersub Manor Solomon may get a start before Willian. The Bus Stop in Hounslow will have Toney playing and he loves to try to outscore Mitro and it should be a good atmosphere. My heart says another away victory, my head says a draw. I'll be happy to stay ahead of Albion and Brentford.
If blatant cheating is your game sobeit.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I like Fulham but obviously in spirit of the competition would like to beat them in the league. A draw to keep them in reaching distance please.

I call us on even footing with Fulham now after we got away with some cheeky results over the past few seasons.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Whoever Toney has bet on.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
For the record, I think you'll finish above Fulham. Our GD is inferior to many of the teams around us. I'll be happy with 17th, very happy with top half, super happy to finish above the Albion, ecstatic to finish above Chelscum and possibly explode if we win the FA Cup or qualify for Europe.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Tricky one. In my view you're are only as good as your last 5 games and it really depends on who you have left to play:

Newcastle last 5 games = 3 points (due to play away)
Fulham last 5 games = 8 points (not due to play BHAFC)
Brighton last 5 games = 8 points
Brentford last 5 games = 9 points (due to play at home)

Given we have 1 game in hand on NUFC and currently 2 games in hand on Fulham I would plump for a Fulham win. We will have 3 games to claw back 4 points and a chance to increase our lead on Brentford at home. Newcastle are in a poor run of form so hoping they see to themselves.
I went with the safe option of a draw, but, had the same thought. We don’t have games in hand over Brentford!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here