Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Ascot has changed a little as I went back to visit my old house on route to London.
It is a very marmite place on one hand it was fantastic for many reasons on the other it was awful the worst sort of people live there who were so far up there backside because they lived in 'Ascot' it was untrue Mrs Chopper hated the place.
You will never get a kebab or hamburger in Ascot but you can get Chinese and Indian in both North & South Ascot but never the main high street.
But if I am honest the place was at the summit of snobbery but the facilities supplied to entertain those very rich snobs were greatly enjoyed by an average bloke like me for 7 years.
I recall a guy who said he lived in Ascot and to be fair he might have done technically, but his unremarkable modern small semi, in a boring estate was close too and identical to unremarkable small semis in Bracknell. I lived near Reading in the 1990s. Generally speaking I'm struggling to think of more than a couple of people I disliked. Neither of those 2 were Reading fans. Having said that, at the time Reading fans thought they were the DBs and we were a joke. Amazing how they got so many fans out of the woodwork when they were doing well at the Majeski.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
So how are relatively small compared with most in this division?

Compare the records.
Not sure how anyone can say we have done as well as e.g. Forest, Leeds, Derby, QPR etc
Do I have to go through all the teams or can I leave you to do that.
I'm repeating myself.
Is this a wind up?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I wish I could afford to live in that sort of shithole. Have you seen the price of houses in Windsor and surrounding area?! Clue: it's not because it's a shithole!! Ow and the Royals also live there. Apart from those two facts, it's a complete slum ;)

It's so boring mate. Full of rich wankers who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. A cultural void that is only of note because of a castle that houses a family that continues to live off the back of ordinary folk. The worst of middle England. I would like to be able to afford to live there too but would not go near the place. Shithole (Windsor not you). :D

Edit: oh and the snobbery is unreal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's so boring mate. Full of rich wankers who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. A cultural void that is only of note because of a castle that houses a family that continues to live off the back of ordinary folk. The worst of middle England. I would like to be able to afford to live there too but would not go near the place. Shithole (Windsor not you). :D

Edit: oh and the snobbery is unreal.

The fact that Windsor is expensive has little to do with the Royal Family and is not that snobby.
The majority of housing stock is Victorian terraced housing many have lived there for a long time but to buy one is stupid money because it is so close to London with great rail and road links into it and Heathrow is so close. But you can also enjoy Windsor Great Park,Virginia Water and the pubs/ restaurants on the Thames.
There are a lot of 'average' people there but some very big houses with snobs are there on the outskirts like Old Windsor (Elton lives there)
I am from Tunbridge Wells and it is very similar but without the river.
If you want real rich snobs in ridiculously big houses then head out of Windsor through the park towards Ascot, then Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale are off the scale. Everything is top notch but you have to put up with the most appalling snobs who's only aim in life is to show off how much richer they are than anyone else. Living there for 7 years was a real eye opener to see how horrible people can be.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I recall a guy who said he lived in Ascot and to be fair he might have done technically, but his unremarkable modern small semi, in a boring estate was close too and identical to unremarkable small semis in Bracknell. I lived near Reading in the 1990s. Generally speaking I'm struggling to think of more than a couple of people I disliked. Neither of those 2 were Reading fans. Having said that, at the time Reading fans thought they were the DBs and we were a joke. Amazing how they got so many fans out of the woodwork when they were doing well at the Majeski.

That's funny.
He probably lived in Martins Heron which is between Ascot and Bracknell it is Bracknell but no one admits to it ( for Bracknell see Crawley) it is a large area of all types of 80's housing.
Ascot has 3 areas North, South and Ascot.
North (where I lived) & south whilst having some very nice houses also has a lot of ordinary houses it is only Ascot that has all the mansions with gates, gravel drives and rhododendrons keeping their secrecy.
Even North Ascot was nicknamed East Bracknell.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The fact that Windsor is expensive has little to do with the Royal Family and is not that snobby.
The majority of housing stock is Victorian terraced housing many have lived there for a long time but to buy one is stupid money because it is so close to London with great rail and road links into it and Heathrow is so close. But you can also enjoy Windsor Great Park,Virginia Water and the pubs/ restaurants on the Thames.
There are a lot of 'average' people there but some very big houses with snobs are there on the outskirts like Old Windsor (Elton lives there)
I am from Tunbridge Wells and it is very similar but without the river.
If you want real rich snobs in ridiculously big houses then head out of Windsor through the park towards Ascot, then Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale are off the scale. Everything is top notch but you have to put up with the most appalling snobs who's only aim in life is to show off how much richer they are than anyone else. Living there for 7 years was a real eye opener to see how horrible people can be.

From my more limited exposure to Ascot I'd readily agree it is worse than Windsor. Although that doesn't redeem exactly redeem Windsor these things are all relative. For example Croydon sounds OK when compared with....oh hang on...

Anyway I don't like Windsor (& it didn't like me) for the previously mentioned reasons. I reserve the right to revise this position in light of the spiffing transport links mind you.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I think a few more people on this planet have heard of Windsor castle than Brighton Pavillion or pier in fairness. But yes, apart from that what has ROYAL Berkshire even done for us...

Am I being thick? What has ROYAL Berkshire done for us?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Don't think I've been back to the area for 15 years. Miss some of the Reading bods but not the area generally. Money money money!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
It's going to be interesting to see how we react to Fulham. 2-0 and cruising and we blow the entire lead in six minutes - it felt worse than if we were drubbed 5 or 6. One of the craziest things I've ever seen on a football pitch.

We are missing a couple of key players in the middle with Tshibola and Quinn, so I'm not sure how we'll set up, it was basically a front four against Fulham which worked well for 50 minutes but in defending the lead was a shambles, especially with Piazon in the centre of the park. Brighton may want to nick an early goal as if we take the lead expect us to sit well back after last Saturday.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's going to be interesting to see how we react to Fulham. 2-0 and cruising and we blow the entire lead in six minutes - it felt worse than if we were drubbed 5 or 6. One of the craziest things I've ever seen on a football pitch.

We are missing a couple of key players in the middle with Tshibola and Quinn, so I'm not sure how we'll set up, it was basically a front four against Fulham which worked well for 50 minutes but in defending the lead was a shambles, especially with Piazon in the centre of the park. Brighton may want to nick an early goal as if we take the lead expect us to sit well back after last Saturday.

What are your lot doing about the Canadian arrest warrant for Piazon (alleged sexual assault)?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Nothing at the moment. He's not our player and the alleged incident took place before he joined us on loan, so I think the club are looking into everything before making any kind of statement or decision. However he may not play.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Frankly, I don’t give a damn what fans of other clubs think about us. However, I cannot see how rival clubs’ fans can call us arrogant. They need only peruse this board to see that, far from being arrogant, we are horribly aware that our season might well take a turn for the worse at any moment. Indeed, the semi-official motto of this forum, “WERE LOOSE”, hardly smacks of arrogance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It should be a good old game. Hopefully one or two of our injury doubts will be alright. Losing Bong, Greer, Stephens and Lualua isn't ideal!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

From a Brighton perspective, it'll be a comfort if you ARE going to be missing those key players! I'm really not hopeful, I think it's pessimism that has been ground into me from an early age of supporting the Albion. I would certainly take a point now. I think the first goal is key. If Reading get it, I'd expect you to win comfortably. If we get it, I expect a hard fought defensive display - although we're prone to the odd fatal error! Prediction - alas, 2-0...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My prediction is 2-0 to Reading, but even so, we still have a fighting chance of a draw, or in dreamland a win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here