Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What questions do you want answered by the club?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would like to ask if it's possible to have a better cider instead of Strongbow.

I think you're pushing your luck expecting him to answer most of those, certainly until after the suspensions have been resolved. He simply isn't going to go into any detail about what happened, nor should he. At this stage all he can possibly say is we are working as hard as we can to resolve things, and that the club is still functioning normally. And when things are resolved he can really only say one of two things. Either everything has been sorted out and we are delighted Gus is staying to complete the great job he has done so far, or we wish Gus every success in the future and thank him for all his good work.

Like it or not, he is not going to get into a discussion with NSC which is what will happen if he says any more.

We should get used to the idea that we will never know for certain what happened.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This, you ale lovers get an alternative to Fosters, Strongbow is the Fosters of cider ! Aspalls, Thatchers or Stowford Press please.

Doesn't make sense that sentence. Where does Fosters come in to it with ale drinkers when you're comparing varieties of cider. Fosters is not an ale.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I think you're pushing your luck expecting him to answer most of those, certainly until after the suspensions have been resolved. He simply isn't going to go into any detail about what happened, nor should he. At this stage all he can possibly say is we are working as hard as we can to resolve things, and that the club is still functioning normally. And when things are resolved he can really only say one of two things. Either everything has been sorted out and we are delighted Gus is staying to complete the great job he has done so far, or we wish Gus every success in the future and thank him for all his good work.

Like it or not, he is not going to get into a discussion with NSC which is what will happen if he says any more.

We should get used to the idea that we will never know for certain what happened.

This. Perfect set of questions that we'd all like to know the answers to but I can't help feeling he'll get the arse when he reads it and give nothing more than the party line.

No journalist worth his salt will ever accept that as a conclusion to an investigation. I'm sure Walt Jabsco and Not Andy Naylor won't.

I'm not suggesting that any journalist would accept that as a conclusion. But that doesn't mean it's not what the conclusion will be.

Barber simply can't go into any detail, however slight, either while the investigation is ongoing or after it's completed. If he did, any journalist worth his salt will ask further questions, look for clarification. And the same thing would happen on NSC. Barber will open the floodgates if he gives any more information than he has already doe.

To prove my point, in his interview with Richie he said he couldn't comment on anything to do with the suspensions. So what did Richie do? He comes back with more specific questions about the very point that Barber said he couldn't do. And Richie was quite right to do this, it's his job.

But Barber will be quite right not to respond. It's his job as well.

I still say when this is all done and dusted nobody other than the parties involved and their lawyers will have any real idea as to what went on.

And on another tack, I hope you're feeling better Ed. Look after yourself, NSC needs all the grey bearded old men it can get!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Inspired by the feedback regarding last week's Q&A with Paul Barber, I put together another few questions which I have sent to him.

Blog on them HERE

But what questions do other people want answering?

Good questions, but don't expect responses to any Gus related ones, other than a standard we know it's frustrating but we can't tell you anything.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Stick to what you know. It shouldn't take you long.

Boring ! You know exactly what I meant you f*cking imbecile, please go forth and multiply elsewhere, you bring very little to this board except stupid inane comments, and I'm sure you be much more at home with your mates at seagulls chat.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Boring ! You know exactly what I meant you f*cking imbecile, please go forth and multiply elsewhere, you bring very little to this board except stupid inane comments, and I'm sure you be much more at home with your mates at seagulls chat.

Why pick on me? Can you provide me with directions as I've never heard of Seagulls Chat. Thank you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He brings a LOT more than you do.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
He brings a LOT more than you do.

Ha ! If you call trolling around leaving one word answers on every thread and calling out posters that dare post a second thread on a subject already discussed, then yeah you're right he does.

While we're on the subject, I actually have a life to live outside NSC, judging by both yours and old Dougies post counts, you most certainly do not.

Now run along and give him a reach around

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ha ! If you call trolling around leaving one word answers on every thread and calling out posters that dare post a second thread on a subject already discussed, then yeah you're right he does.

While we're on the subject, I actually have a life to live outside NSC, judging by both yours and old Dougies post counts, you most certainly do not.

Now run along and give him a reach around

Predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here