Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We bought him for £2m perhaps they know of another similar cheap buy in Europe but I am sure that the club would consider £4m for him for 6 months wih us =a good initial return on our investment.

None of us have any idea of the finances of the club and the valuation they put on players or have ben offered. This is just a discussion of views of supporters.

If they thought that they would have sold hin to Palace for £5m in August.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
We bought him for £2m perhaps they know of another similar cheap buy in Europe but I am sure that the club would consider £4m for him for 6 months wih us =a good initial return on our investment.

None of us have any idea of the finances of the club and the valuation they put on players or have ben offered. This is just a discussion of views of supporters.

A bit of a stupid post that one. Swansea paid £2m for Michu so if someone offered them £4m would that be good business to sell because they would double their money?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not about a return on the investment its about how much he is worth now and how much someone of his quality would cost now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A bit of a stupid post that one. Swansea paid £2m for Michu so if someone offered them £4m would that be good business to sell because they would double their money?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not about a return on the investment its about how much he is worth now and how much someone of his quality would cost now.

Michu has proved his worth in the Premier as has Benteke but Ulloa is a chance signing by a manager. I think that he would do well but there is no guarantee and many others have failed to make the jump when expected.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

We would have to replace him so this wipes out your idea of a good return. We tracked Leo for two years players of his quality and at the right price are very hard to find.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the Mid Sussex Seagulls coach yesterday, the rumour was that we turned down £1.75M for LB and £6.25M for LU from Palace on transfer deadline day. The £1.75 was obviously a piss take. He is worth 4 times that. After Murray, I don't think we will ever under sell to that lot again.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Michu has proved his worth in the Premier as has Benteke but Ulloa is a chance signing by a manager. I think that he would do well but there is no guarantee and many others have failed to make the jump when expected.

I wasnt comparing Ulloa to Michu skill wise. I was making the point that we didnt buy Ulloa hoping he would increase in value quickly so we could sell him 10 months later, we bought him to score goals which he i clearly doing very well. Also we would be very hard pressed to replace him like for like for £4m.

A chance signing implies that we paid one of our most expensive transfer fees on a player without properly scouting him or knowing what he had to offer. Dont think so.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasnt comparing Ulloa to Michu skill wise. I was making the point that we didnt buy Ulloa hoping he would increase in value quickly so we could sell him 10 months later, we bought him to score goals which he i clearly doing very well. Also we would be very hard pressed to replace him like for like for £4m.

A chance signing implies that we paid one of our most expensive transfer fees on a player without properly scouting him or knowing what he had to offer. Dont think so.

Agreed. We definitely did our research on Ulloa. That's why it took so long to get him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no more idea than the next man as to how much value the club place on either player and am only suggesting a figure that I think they would consider. Others may think differently but IMHO many place a much higher expectation on the players than I think that we would realistically be able to get. I would love us to keep both Bridcutt and Ulloa but with PB and his FFP would we be able to. Could it be on a smaller scale as to what Spurs did, sold their best player and bought 7 replacements if we sold those 2 could we perhaps buy 3 or 4 replacements to make us an all round stronger team or squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If you read many on here we did exactly that with CMS but I dont agree with that, as I am sure he will come good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So some of you think we'd sell Leo for much the same price as Palace paid for a 3rd division striker?

I can see us selling Bridcutt, but only if he wants to go, we seem quite strong in midfield now, but upfront we are very light so would resist strongly selling Leo except for silly money imo.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On the Mid Sussex Seagulls coach yesterday, the rumour was that we turned down £1.75M for LB and £6.25M for LU from Palace on transfer deadline day. The £1.75 was obviously a piss take. He is worth 4 times that. After Murray, I don't think we will ever under sell to that lot again.

The Argus reported on deadline day that Palace had come in with a second offer of 2 million for Bridcutt, which was rejected.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Agreed. We definitely did our research on Ulloa. That's why it took so long to get him.

What took so long was his Spanish passport, which is why he came here instead of a prem team. Incidentally he was top scorer in the same league as Michu.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think you are right re Bridcutt - £3m - £4m

Ulloa however, I would think nearer £10m, on the basis of what Palace played Peterboro for a barely proven Championship player.

However, if Poyet does go to Sunderland I think he'll only come after Bridcutt and Buckley (£2.5m?), as Fletcher is already in place and Ulloa is too similar. He might come for Kuszczak as well (£2m), given Westwood (?) looks all over the place.

Of course we are allowed to reject the offers!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ulloa would cost us at least 8 million to replace, and that should be his minimum price.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why does anyone think a person dismissed from their last job, has won one League 1 title is Premiership Quality as a manager ?

Paul Ince has managed in the Premier League on the back of a League 2 title, I know he's shithouse as a manager but I don't think these chairmen look at anything other than the name. How else would Paolo Di Canio have gotten the job at Sunderland in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here