Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price our freedom?

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Really, so all this "we are all immigrants" bollocks isn't an attempt to empathise with the very new immigrants and ever increasing Muslim community. How come London is only 45% white British now? What do you think it was in 1940?

All this empathy is only one way with people like you, you don't have any empathy for those that never wanted immigration and warned of the possible consequences.............we saw how Gordon Brown behaved when he was confronted by someone who saw the unprecedented change in her community. We know what you are.

You can keep singing I want to buy the world a coke but a significant proportion of the country can see the legacy of the Labour years........thousands of people here now who hate this country. This is after 15 years of politicians telling us how great it is to live with diversity. ****ing marvellous.

People like me? You know what I am? Should I be worried? You sound a vary scared individual and that saddens me. You can blame it all on immigration if it makes you feel more secure, whatever works for you.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
......thousands of people here now who hate this country. This is after 15 years of politicians telling us how great it is to live with diversity.
I'm not sure I see the connection. Diversity is not the cause of the hatred.
And one brutal murder (which is attracting headlines because of its brutality) should not lead to an immediate erosion of freedoms.
And we already do lock people up without charge, we don't need Guantanamo to do that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought you'd set yourself up as the quality rather than quantity type? Fyi my pulse is a steady 62bpm and I'm floating in my blue triangle. Thanks for your concern though love.

Lol. I salute your equanimity. OK, I suppose I was being a bit unfair. And as you say, the thread was 'labeled'. Just a bit frustrated at the lack of quality BHA updates.

Not sure why you have a member of the pioneer squad as your screen pic, though.

In case you're interested, my iPOD has just selected Bros on random play. Crackling tune. Great haircuts.

And . . . yes, the global and national political landscape is fraught, with un-silky Dave lacking in any convictions, other than a desire to control and manipulate. If only he knew how. Bozza will probably pull this thread soon, mind you.

Oh - now its Nine Inch Nails (Hurt). There's a bit of excoriating emotion for you . . .

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
People like me? You know what I am? Should I be worried? You sound a vary scared individual and that saddens me. You can blame it all on immigration if it makes you feel more secure, whatever works for you.

Sure I do, you are the kind of person that is worried about possible societal change from those exasperated at the way the country is being run because that is entirely inconsistent with your view that all is fine in he UK bar a couple of nut jobs here and there killing people or plotting to kill people.

I know that immigration is not the root of all evil but I don't ignore the problems either. I certainly don't think that people's concerns about the issue can be dealt with by using some smug bollocks that we are all immigrants, that response actually just marks you out as the sort of individual that has no concept of reality..........sadly just another nut job.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Lol. I salute your equanimity. OK, I suppose I was being a bit unfair. And as you say, the thread was 'labeled'. Just a bit frustrated at the lack of quality BHA updates.

Not sure why you have a member of the pioneer squad as your screen pic, though.

In case you're interested, my iPOD has just selected Bros on random play. Crackling tune. Great haircuts.

And . . . yes, the global and national political landscape is fraught, with un-silky Dave lacking in any convictions, other than a desire to control and manipulate. If only he knew how. Bozza will probably pull this thread soon, mind you.

Oh - now its Nine Inch Nails (Hurt). There's a bit of excoriating emotion for you . . .

Ah well, you know what it's like; into the vacuum left by no quality BHA information chaos reigns again (in other words, your not-quite-so-average closed season).

I liked his face, although apparently that therefore means I have a thing for retards.

That is interesting, I was born on the same day as Matt and Luke Goss. Oo-err indeed.

Yes, he probably will.

I prefer the Johnny Cash version.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Arabia by Bowie on now.

Yes, The Johnny Cash version is good, but the writer always wins in my view.

Dandyman

In London village.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not sure I see the connection. Diversity is not the cause of the hatred.
And one brutal murder (which is attracting headlines because of its brutality) should not lead to an immediate erosion of freedoms.
And we already do lock people up without charge, we don't need Guantanamo to do that.

I accept that, and agree but then acts of terrorism prevention have already been enacted which are being used to restrict our freedoms. We are also now finding out that there are evidently thousands of muslim extremists being monitored by the security services, so we are not all rubbing along together happy as Larry. Glib platitudes that all is well just don't wash these days.

It may pass, but I will remain a cynic till these events and failed plots cease.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Sure I do, you are the kind of person that is worried about possible societal change from those exasperated at the way the country is being run because that is entirely inconsistent with your view that all is fine in he UK bar a couple of nut jobs here and there killing people or plotting to kill people.

I know that immigration is not the root of all evil but I don't ignore the problems either. I certainly don't think that people's concerns about the issue can be dealt with by using some smug bollocks that we are all immigrants, that response actually just marks you out as the sort of individual that has no concept of reality..........sadly just another nut job.

How wrong you are. You just want to pigeonhole me as that makes it easier for you. I think all is far from fine in the UK, much of it depresses me greatly, some of the same things that depress you almost certainly. I'm just not willing to fall for the immigration/potential terrorist scapegoat thing though. It's not smug bollocks, it's fact. Shame you couldn't last out long before getting personal but can't say I'm surprised.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well ok - I rounded it up; I thought once every 20 months sounded too anal, and it's 50p now. (and you're still on the wrong thread for Gus news.)

That's OK. It took me fifteen minutes to work it out, anyway.

I'm growing to like this thread. I paid 50p for 'Coz I Luv You' by Slade back in 1971. Or was it 75p?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry to steal the limelight from the opening poster The Sikhs, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews etc do not go around blowing people up, beheading people and spouting bile against our troops. Choudary and his muppets radicalised those two killers, perhaps some have seen the photo of the demo with one of the killers standing behind Choudary. How many people have the EDL killed....would that be NONE. Choudary gets more yearly income from benefits, than Drummer Rigby earn't in a year.
Anyway a couple of clips showing respect.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blo...-white-roses-in-tribute-to-a-British-Fusilier

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
So no comment on acts of terrorism by your Aryan brothers, then ?

There you go.........you're absolutely right, the biggest threat the UK faces these days is with the white supremacist movement.

I had my doubts but your narrative is compelling, furthermore Its difficult to reject your accusation that i am manifestly involved with this movement because I have the temerity to cast doubts on the prevailing doctrine that immigration in the UK has been anything but an overwhelming success.

Genius.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Sorry to steal the limelight from the opening poster The Sikhs, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews etc do not go around blowing people up, beheading people and spouting bile against our troops. Choudary and his muppets radicalised those two killers, perhaps some have seen the photo of the demo with one of the killers standing behind Choudary. How many people have the EDL killed....would that be NONE. Choudary gets more yearly income from benefits, than Drummer Rigby earn't in a year.
Anyway a couple of clips showing respect.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blo...-white-roses-in-tribute-to-a-British-Fusilier

I agree 100%, they're twisted, evil people. The EDL are just idiots, no comparison. But once again, my point was about falling into those evil ****ers trap by restricting our civil liberties in a misguided attempt to tackle the problem. Living well is the best revenge, and you can't do that in a police state.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
How wrong you are. You just want to pigeonhole me as that makes it easier for you. I think all is far from fine in the UK, much of it depresses me greatly, some of the same things that depress you almost certainly. I'm just not willing to fall for the immigration/potential terrorist scapegoat thing though. It's not smug bollocks, it's fact. Shame you couldn't last out long before getting personal but can't say I'm surprised.

Go on then........lets have the facts, who were these milions of immigrants that the UK has been happily assimilating ceaselessly for decades?

Remember those who came to kill/rape/enslave the existing inhabitants or change their prevailing way of life were not immigrants, they were INVADERS........and obviously uninvited at that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree 100%, they're twisted, evil people. The EDL are just idiots, no comparison. But once again, my point was about falling into those evil ****ers trap by restricting our civil liberties in a misguided attempt to tackle the problem. Living well is the best revenge, and you can't do that in a police state.

I agree with that.

When I was a teenager, many years ago, I worked out that one way to get rid of all conflict (racial) would be to remove everyone who wasn't 'like me' from these shores. It would work. But there again, there are lots of white people I dislike. A lot. Get rid of them too. Hmmm . . . not 'that' keen on my own family . . . . best live in a cave somewhere.

Or perhaps . . . we could try to learn about one another and live together, resolving conflict through good sense or, if needs be, the rule of law . . . . there's a thought. Beats genocide (the 'decisive' solution) any day. And a police state is just genocide done on a half-hearted basis.

Now, Bozza - time to kill this thread!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Ok then, explain to me how this man is allowed to be walking the streets and preaching?....also note the face behind him.
2u8gsvq.jpg

This is ok
dlrvq0.jpg

This is not
34rc6eu.jpg

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Go on then........lets have the facts, who were these milions of immigrants that the UK has been happily assimilating ceaselessly for decades?

Remember those who came to kill/rape/enslave the existing inhabitants or change their prevailing way of life were not immigrants, they were INVADERS........and obviously uninvited at that.

Many of the historic 'invaders' became immigrants and assimilated into pre-existing societies. It is a fallacy that all were violent conquerors, although many certainly were. Since then we've had all those from our Empire, you don't need me to list all the nationalities. We have been a multicultural society for hundreds of years. Some have integrated better than others of course, as is the case all over the world where borders are largely open. What is different with the extremist Islamists is that they want to impose their doctrine on the rest of society, which of course is wrong. They are however a small, if significant, minority and not representative of the larger British Muslim community. We are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater if this reductionist scaremongering is allowed to continue, and we will all be the losers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here