Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price our freedom?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Actually what they'd say is any moron who compares the Jewish holocaust to try and make a stupid nonsensical point is an idiot.

i agree.....who did that?........no seriously. i am struggling to see on this thread where this has happened,surely its not another load of bollocks you like to call truth?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Too many years of all this PC bollox has lead to this position. We need to get tougher with all these people who have been identified as potential terrorists. They should be locked up untill proven as not being a threat or deported, it is as simple as that. Blair signing the chapter on human rights that Maggie had rejected has lead to all of this mess.

Well said, these policies worked in Nazi Germsny and North Korea, no terrorists there. Better to be safe than sorry.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
First up, the cold blooded murder of Lee Rigby was obviously a sickening, unjustifiable act of barbarism. However, as the dust settles, what price do we place on our freedom and liberties? With the Home Sec now claiming cross-party support and pressing for the introduction of the previously ditched 'Snoopers Bill', a sharp rise in attacks on the Muslim community, and unprecedented support for the openly racist English Defence League, we are entering dangerous waters, where (in my opinion) the murder of a soldier by two unhinged individuals is being used by those with ulterior motives for their own political agendas, agendas that may have far reaching consequences for us all.

Hmmm,kind of. It'll all be forgotten about in time. Shouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Too many years of all this PC bollox has lead to this position. We need to get tougher with all these people who have been identified as potential terrorists. They should be locked up untill proven as not being a threat or deported, it is as simple as that. Blair signing the chapter on human rights that Maggie had rejected has lead to all of this mess.

You are such, SUCH a ****.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You could say the same thing about "hate crimes" like "homophobia" etc, except people like you dont.

You understand that Homophobia isn't a crime? No, what am I thinking? Of course you don't.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Invaders became immigrants and then assimilated? Who did that? History would show it usually goes the other way and that you assimilate with the invaders or you die. You may know stuff eminent historians don't...........groundbreaking stuff.

Multicultural for hundreds of years.........give me a starting point and who were here in material numbers enriching this island with their different ways............I bet they weren't Catholic or Jewish cause they largely got killed by the predecessors of the EDL. Do you know they still burn an effigy of the Pope at Lewes?

Ok, so ancient history probably isn't the best example of peaceful multiculturalism in effect, but the point stands that it is irrelevant to use immigration as the scapegoat for all our ills, including terrorism. Those who try to do this are obviously either ignorant or using it for their own political agendas. Those simply blaming it all on the last Labour government are even more deluded. Most radical British Islamists are the sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of Asian immigrants from the 40's, 5O's and 60's. A small minority of recent immigrants are responsible for some petty and organised crime, but that pales into insignificance compared with the crime perpetrated by 'indigenous' citizens. They are far more responsible for hard working long hours at shit pay doing the jobs that a lot of lazy British people won't do. Blame terrorism on the twisting of Islam by the Taliban and other extremists combined with our recent foreign policy and the 'collateral damage' of hundreds if not thousands of dead innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan, blame human nature for creating sick ****s who get off on blowing up and mutilating people certainly, but immigration? Nah. And yes, I did know that as I've been to Lewes many times and have friends in the Cliff Bonfire Society, not sure what relevance that has to this though.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ok, so ancient history probably isn't the best example of peaceful multiculturalism in effect, but the point stands that it is irrelevant to use immigration as the scapegoat for all our ills, including terrorism. Those who try to do this are obviously either ignorant or using it for their own political agendas. Those simply blaming it all on the last Labour government are even more deluded. Most radical British Islamists are the sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of Asian immigrants from the 40's, 5O's and 60's. A small minority of recent immigrants are responsible for some petty and organised crime, but that pales into insignificance compared with the crime perpetrated by 'indigenous' citizens. They are far more responsible for hard working long hours at shit pay doing the jobs that a lot of lazy British people won't do. Blame terrorism on the twisting of Islam by the Taliban and other extremists combined with our recent foreign policy and the 'collateral damage' of hundreds if not thousands of dead innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan, blame human nature for creating sick ****s who get off on blowing up and mutilating people certainly, but immigration? Nah. And yes, I did know that as I've been to Lewes many times and have friends in the Cliff Bonfire Society, not sure what relevance that has to this though.

So we agree that using this country's history of invasion as a pretext for equivalence with the multicultural consequences of unprecedented levels of immigration from the last 60 years is irrelevant......that's good.

The rest though is still incoherent rambling, albeit I note you get in the essential unsubstantiated platitudes about the lazy British, hard working immigrants, the extremist minority twisting the religion of peace, and that the levels of crime committed by indigenous British offset those committed by immigrants.........points of course that all mean that immigration has been an overwhelming success............to have an alternative view means ergo you are a bigot.

The reality is always more complex though, so for example in the last 10 years there has been some 3m new British subjects, you know, immigrants who by taking up citizenship will receive all the benefits that native born British receive. No doubt you will argue that these British citizens remain hard working, off benefits and entirely law abiding..........it's the "other" British that are the problem.

I think you will find its the Cliffe Bonfire Society but I can see detail is not a strong point of yours.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
So we agree that using this country's history of invasion as a pretext for equivalence with the multicultural consequences of unprecedented levels of immigration from the last 60 years is irrelevant......that's good.

The rest though is still incoherent rambling, albeit I note you get in the essential unsubstantiated platitudes about the lazy British, hard working immigrants, the extremist minority twisting the religion of peace, and that the levels of crime committed by indigenous British offset those committed by immigrants.........points of course that all mean that immigration has been an overwhelming success............to have an alternative view means ergo you are a bigot.

The reality is always more complex though, so for example in the last 10 years there has been some 3m new British subjects, you know, immigrants who by taking up citizenship will receive all the benefits that native born British receive. No doubt you will argue that these British citizens remain hard working, off benefits and entirely law abiding..........it's the "other" British that are the problem.

I think you will find its the Cliffe Bonfire Society but I can see detail is not a strong point of yours.

Point me to where I've said immigration has been an overwhelming success and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bigot. It was you who started the name-calling by telling me I was a nut job for posing these questions in the first place. In the grown up world we tend to have discussions with people of different viewpoints without that nonsense. Or did you just cut'n'paste all that from your last argument with someone who wasn't uber impressed by your obvious depth and spelling prowess? Your critique of my observations is just the same old reductionist, I'll read into it whatever I want that suits my world view, stream of conciousness.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here