What price our freedom?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
So assuming you did not just come on here to air your political views, which people may agree with and may think
they are bollocks, what is your opinion of the Gus situation and barber's obvious " hatchet man" mentality?

The insinuation here being I'm a troll? If you check my posts on relevant threads you will see my views on the current situation at The Albion. I'll keep to topic on this thread though if that's ok with you. Regarding your first point though, have I aired my political views or just asked some questions hoping for a decent debate on something that concerns me?

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
I was thinking about this very subject today. Violent murders happen all the time in the UK. In my opinion the only reason this one is getting so much media attention is because it helps perpetuate a government agenda of fear and the slow degradation of our social liberties i.e. the Communication Data Bill. The ability to spy on everybody's internet activity, all the time, without warrant or suspicion leading to the death of freedom of speech in all written forms.

Dandyman

In London village.
Would it encourage it? after a decade of Labours disaterous immigration policy the damage has been done, its now nasty medicine time. With a progressive far right a do nothing policy is not an option.

Even by your standards, utter drivel. What acts of terrorism have been committed by Poles ?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
How does someone prove they are not a threat? Is the holding and expressing of extremist views enough to be identified as a potential terrorist? If so, we are going to have to lock up a lot of people, the vast majority of whom have not, nor are likely, to ever commit a terrorist act. That's a price too heavy for me.

And if we go down this route haven't the terrorists won? We'll be changing our society beyond recognition due to our fear of them, justified or not.

Interesting, you don't want to change our society beyond recognition, despite the fact that over the last 50 years, and the last 15 in particular that is exactly what has happened with immigration.

Your own concern on societal "change" is exactly the same emotion that quite literally millions of British people have felt during that time, yet you don't seem to recognise that delicious irony in your determination to empathise with the challenges that the Muslim community currently face following last weeks events.

And lets be frank, beyond the unprecedented demographic change that we have experienced in this country over recent years some of the Muslim newcomers have already left an indelible mark on our freedoms and society.

I don't want to be searched when getting on a plane, yet I am subjected to that indignity along with everyone else so that there is no state discrimination of the likely perpetrators. Neither should HM Govt provide additional taxpayers funds to those local authorities which have more than a 5% Muslim population to fund community groups and mosques to mitigate rising levels of militancy by muslims. That sound suspiciously like blackmail to me........or defeat.

But in the meantime the demographic experiment will go on and in future years who knows what the consequences could be as the UK Muslim population swells (having doubled in last 10 years).......the Islamic Republic of Yorkshire maybe, based on the Kosovo model?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/28/muslim-population-country-projection-2030

Looking at recent trends here and elsewhere in Europe it's definitely not looking rosy.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
I wonder if the reactions on this thread to me regarding these questions are a barometer of the state of our wider society right now. In between the reasoned responses I've so far, by various posters, been called a fool, religious extremist apologist, retard, and insinuated at being a troll. Perhaps an indication as to how twitchy people are in general? Strange days.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I can understand the basic human emotion of wanting revenge for acts as horrible as what happened in Woolwich. But democratic governments and politicians in general should be the people seeing the bigger picture and thus protecting us from base mob rule, not fanning the flames as many seem to be now.

The first job of the British government is to protect the British people, this they have failed to do. There are numerous foreign terrorists, murderers and their sympathisers living freely in this country. Not only have the government failed to keep them out, they have lavished tax-payers money through the legal aid system on 'human rights lawyers' who are determined to keep them here. I am not a defender of mob rule, but eventually anarchy will reign due to the ineptitude of our feeble politicians.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
• Detainees in Guantanamo now: 166
• Detainees facing active charges: 6
• Detainees cleared for immediate release, but stuck in the camp: 86
• Guantanamo inmates on hunger strike: 103
• Hunger strikers strapped down and force fed: 30
• Prisoners who have died in custody: 9
• Children the US has held at Guantanamo: 21
• Detainees tried in civilian court: 1
• Detainees who can't be tried for lack of evidence or torture: 50
• Prisoners released by the Bush administration: 500+
• Prisoners released by the Obama administration: 72
• Current annual cost to US taxpayers: $150 million
• Days since Obama first pledged to close Gitmo: 1579
• Time since first prisoners arrived at Guantanamo: 11 years, 4 months, 11 days

Yeah, UK should strive to follow America's lead of guilty until proven innocent! "Great" idea! :tosser:

Loads of Data there,we are seenas a a target,and like many i simply don't know why we are in Afghanstan. However great New Zealand Air information video's

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Interesting, you don't want to change our society beyond recognition, despite the fact that over the last 50 years, and the last 15 in particular that is exactly what has happened with immigration.

Your own concern on societal "change" is exactly the same emotion that quite literally millions of British people have felt during that time, yet you don't seem to recognise that delicious irony in your determination to empathise with the challenges that the Muslim community currently face following last weeks events.

And lets be frank, beyond the unprecedented demographic change that we have experienced in this country over recent years some of the Muslim newcomers have already left an indelible mark on our freedoms and society.

I don't want to be searched when getting on a plane, yet I am subjected to that indignity along with everyone else so that there is no state discrimination of the likely perpetrators. Neither should HM Govt provide additional taxpayers funds to those local authorities which have more than a 5% Muslim population to fund community groups and mosques to mitigate rising levels of militancy by muslims. That sound suspiciously like blackmail to me........or defeat.

But in the meantime the demographic experiment will go on and in future years who knows what the consequences could be as the UK Muslim population swells (having doubled in last 10 years).......the Islamic Republic of Yorkshire maybe, based on the Kosovo model?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/28/muslim-population-country-projection-2030

Looking at recent trends here and elsewhere in Europe it's definitely not looking rosy.

My determination to empathise with the Muslim community? Have you actually read my posts? I've made one mention of increased attacks on the Muslim community (a fact). My concerns are for my own, and wider society's, civil liberties being curtailed as a result of an opportunistic manipulation of knee-jerk public reactionary opinion. We are all immigrants in the UK, our Islands having been gradually and continually changed by immigration through each generation. I therefore don't see your point. Thanks for not calling me a silly name though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I came on here to find out about the manager situation. I may as well have phoned up my GP. His secretary, when she can be bothered to answer the phone (lazy trollope), has more insight into the Gussie situation than it seems can be found here. What is all this clap trap? Someone floats a pointless political balloon and then all the labour haters are up on their hind legs.

'In my considered opinion, the backlash will restrict our civil liberties'

'Oh yeah, I ad that liberties in the back of my cab last week. String em up, its the only language they understand'

Give me strength.

Six posts in 10 years, me.

Now you know why . . .

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
I came on here to find out about the manager situation. I may as well have phoned up my GP. His secretary, when she can be bothered to answer the phone (lazy trollope), has more insight into the Gussie situation than it seems can be found here. What is all this clap trap? Someone floats a pointless political balloon and then all the labour haters are up on their hind legs.

'Oh yeah, I ad that liberties in the back of my cab last week. String em up, its the only language they understand'

Give me strength.

Now you know why . . .

You came on a thread entitled 'What price our freedom' to find out about the manager situation? Crazy shit.

Dandyman

In London village.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Lecomber
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/30/newsid_2499000/2499249.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8460696.stm http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/feb/14/ukcrime.thefarright http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6388769.stm

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Give me strength.

Now you know why . . .

Quite....sounds like a blue Peter type troll we have had on here occasionally.

Not really sure why these people come on here really.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The media have been pushing the immigration issue for yonks now anyway. Its partly down to them parties like the EDL and UKIP are thriving.

1 EDL is not a party

2 Perhaps mass immigration is the cause of anti immigration feeling?

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Quite....sounds like a blue Peter type troll we have had on here occasionally.

Not really sure why these people come on here really.

Hi Dave. I'm an Albion fan of 33 years who's been contributing to NSC since 2003. I got bored and went away for a while and have since returned with a different username. There are plenty of football related threads to chose from if that's your exclusive thing. NSC to my knowledge has always been a wider church where OT debate is allowed and encouraged. Carry on.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
My determination to empathise with the Muslim community? Have you actually read my posts? I've made one mention of increased attacks on the Muslim community (a fact). My concerns are for my own, and wider society's, civil liberties being curtailed as a result of an opportunistic manipulation of knee-jerk public reactionary opinion. We are all immigrants in the UK, our Islands having been gradually and continually changed by immigration through each generation. I therefore don't see your point. Thanks for not calling me a silly name though.

Really, so all this "we are all immigrants" bollocks isn't an attempt to empathise with the very new immigrants and ever increasing Muslim community. How come London is only 45% white British now? What do you think it was in 1940?

All this empathy is only one way with people like you, you don't have any empathy for those that never wanted immigration and warned of the possible consequences.............we saw how Gordon Brown behaved when he was confronted by someone who saw the unprecedented change in her community. We know what you are.

You can keep singing I want to buy the world a coke but a significant proportion of the country can see the legacy of the Labour years........thousands of people here now who hate this country. This is after 15 years of politicians telling us how great it is to live with diversity. ****ing marvellous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hi Dave. I'm an Albion fan of 33 years who's been contributing to NSC since 2003. I got bored and went away for a while and have since returned with a different username. There are plenty of football related threads to chose from if that's your exclusive thing. NSC to my knowledge has always been a wider church where OT debate is allowed and encouraged. Carry on.

Calm down, dear.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

Give me strength.

Now you know why . . .

They only release your straight-jacket once every two years???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They only release your straight-jacket once every two years???

Excellent maths. If I had a quid for each time I'd heard that I'd have ten bob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports