• Children the US has held at Guantanamo: 21
• Detainees tried in civilian court: 1
• Detainees who can't be tried for lack of evidence or torture: 50
• Prisoners released by the Bush administration: 500+
• Prisoners released by the Obama administration: 72
• Current annual cost to US taxpayers: $150 million
• Days since Obama first pledged to close Gitmo: 1579
• Time since first prisoners arrived at Guantanamo: 11 years, 4 months, 11 days

Yeah, UK should strive to follow America's lead of guilty until proven innocent! "Great" idea! :tosser:

Good post. Can't stand America myself.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Thankfully not. Ive yet to meet an apologist for religous exstremism who isnt also an enabler, but hey prove me wrong. How would deal with islamic exstremism?

enabler, great choice of word.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Thankfully not. Ive yet to meet an apologist for religous exstremism who isnt also an enabler, but hey prove me wrong. How would deal with islamic exstremism?

How do you conclude from my posts that I'm an apologist for religious extremism? I very much dislike religious extremism of all kinds. I think you have fallen into the trap of assuming anyone who questions our response to these kinds of atrocities is a PC Liberal. If you did actually know me you'd know how funny that is. Try to be less lazy please.

I don't have all the answers, but I certainly wouldn't deal with it in a way that would actually encourage more of it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
• Detainees in Guantanamo now: 166
• Detainees facing active charges: 6
• Detainees cleared for immediate release, but stuck in the camp: 86
• Guantanamo inmates on hunger strike: 103
• Hunger strikers strapped down and force fed: 30
• Prisoners who have died in custody: 9
• Children the US has held at Guantanamo: 21
• Detainees tried in civilian court: 1
• Detainees who can't be tried for lack of evidence or torture: 50
• Prisoners released by the Bush administration: 500+
• Prisoners released by the Obama administration: 72
• Current annual cost to US taxpayers: $150 million
• Days since Obama first pledged to close Gitmo: 1579
• Time since first prisoners arrived at Guantanamo: 11 years, 4 months, 11 days

Yeah, UK should strive to follow America's lead of guilty until proven innocent! "Great" idea! :tosser:

Don't get abusive, your irony meter is switched off mate.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
How do you conclude from my posts that I'm an apologist for religious extremism? I very much dislike religious extremism of all kinds. I think you have fallen into the trap of assuming anyone who questions our response to these kinds of atrocities is a PC Liberal. If you did actually know me you'd know how funny that is. Try to be less lazy please.

I don't have all the answers, but I certainly wouldn't deal with it in a way that would actually encourage more of it.

Would it encourage it? after a decade of Labours disaterous immigration policy the damage has been done, its now nasty medicine time. With a progressive far right a do nothing policy is not an option.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I took that last part of his post as being in response to pork pie. I may be wrong.

But he quoted me. With a little thought though......maybe the Isle of Man.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Oh, I see. The photo of a retard you have on your avitar is of you?

That's a bit of a harsh response to what was a light-hearted tongue in cheek bit of banter. There are some very aggressive people on here who seem to want to reduce everything to personal insults aren't there? You won't get a rise from me but feel free to keep trying. After all, we do live in a free country (for now).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would it encourage it? after a decade of Labours disaterous immigration policy the damage has been done, its now nasty medicine time. With a progressive far right a do nothing policy is not an option.

Was it the last Labour government that let Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale parents into this country then all those years ago. You haven't got a clue with your anti Labour diatribe have you ?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
First up, the cold blooded murder of Lee Rigby was obviously a sickening, unjustifiable act of barbarism. However, as the dust settles, what price do we place on our freedom and liberties? With the Home Sec now claiming cross-party support and pressing for the introduction of the previously ditched 'Snoopers Bill', a sharp rise in attacks on the Muslim community, and unprecedented support for the openly racist English Defence League, we are entering dangerous waters, where (in my opinion) the murder of a soldier by two unhinged individuals is being used by those with ulterior motives for their own political agendas, agendas that may have far reaching consequences for us all.
Agree. In the balance of events an occurrence such as Woolwich, barbaric and disgusting though it was, is part of the price we pay for NOT being a police state with everybody watching everybody else and the State curtailing freedoms all in the name of 'security'. Benjamin Franklin said something along the lines of "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Still true now.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Agree. In the balance of events an occurrence such as Woolwich, barbaric and disgusting though it was, is part of the price we pay for NOT being a police state with everybody watching everybody else and the State curtailing freedoms all in the name of 'security'. Benjamin Franklin said something along the lines of "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Still true now.

I can understand the basic human emotion of wanting revenge for acts as horrible as what happened in Woolwich. But democratic governments and politicians in general should be the people seeing the bigger picture and thus protecting us from base mob rule, not fanning the flames as many seem to be now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can understand the basic human emotion of wanting revenge for acts as horrible as what happened in Woolwich. But democratic governments and politicians in general should be the people seeing the bigger picture and thus protecting us from base mob rule, not fanning the flames as many seem to be now.

So assuming you did not just come on here to air your political views, which people may agree with and may think
they are bollocks, what is your opinion of the Gus situation and barber's obvious " hatchet man" mentality?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here