Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What on earth have I just seen from WIlson?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He could have CMS'd it ran chased and hurry defenders without ever regaining possession. Got dragged out of position time and time again and when his team mates regained possession he was ****ed running back from their left back position to be an outlet.

Instead he maintained his energy for when he had the ball and let Baldock & Skalak do his running from wide areas.

The shape of the team was the important part and we could have done without our front man being too far away from our midfield to break.

I'll give it a rest now tonight, but I think some understand.

Exactly

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me it looks like Wilson's next orange chunder on the pitch is never that far away.

The thing is he's young, he hasn't played a lot, he has something to prove to 2 clubs and yet he never seems to put in 100% effort.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I haven't read any of the posts so I will just say what I think. As far as I'm concerned he can just go home now, he doesn't look interested nor does he seem to care.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He could have CMS'd it ran chased and hurry defenders without ever regaining possession. Got dragged out of position time and time again and when his team mates regained possession he was ****ed running back from their left back position to be an outlet.

Instead he maintained his energy for when he had the ball and let Baldock & Skalak do his running from wide areas.

The shape of the team was the important part and we could have done without our front man being too far away from our midfield to break.

I'll give it a rest now tonight, but I think some understand.

I never give albion players stick but Wilson has not been at the races most of the season. saying that I hope he proves me wrong on monday and bags a hatrick.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And he'll probably score a couple of goals on Monday to boot. This board has a wonderful knack of vilifying certain players who have then come back and played blinders. So far this season I give you Lewis Dunk, Tomer Hemed, Jiri Skalak, Sam Baldock, for starters, who have all incurred the wrath of NSC's finest only to come back with "up yours" performances.

Personally, I will support EVERY Brighton player regardless, they are part of a fantastic team which deserves encouragement not abuse.

In that case they are all shit........now prove me wrong :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's probably already back in Brighton. Bloke gets away from the Amex quicker than most fans - get down players car park this season and you'd see. Milks adulation from kids who impressed by his Utd credentials. But make no mistake, might be on Utd books but he's certainly no BZ. Definitely lacks something at it seems like commitment doesn't it?

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
I honestly thought that he had some promise when he first played for us. But he can do one now ! Rubbish!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has anybody ever actually come right out at an Albion press conference and asked the manager the bleeding obvious: DOES JAMES WILSON HAVE GLANDULAR FEVER OR SIMILAR LONG TERM VIRUS? Can honestly say I've never seen a young footballer look quite so sickly and drained of energy on a regular basis.

Stumpy Tim

He's probably already back in Brighton. Bloke gets away from the Amex quicker than most fans - get down players car park this season and you'd see. Milks adulation from kids who impressed by his Utd credentials. But make no mistake, might be on Utd books but he's certainly no BZ. Definitely lacks something at it seems like commitment doesn't it?
Well my son had his picture with him after the Derby game and he came out after Bong and Hemed. So not strictly true

Fact is, with Hemed and Bobby injured he's the only goalscorer we have available. He has to start on Monday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
When he first came I thought we have a future star here.What has happened since, he backs away from every tackle,,falls over if the draught of the ball passing him is too much. Please prove me wrong and I will put a groveling message on with pleasure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why cant people get their head round the fact that generally loans (esp those from the really big clubs) are not that comitted.

Wardy was playing for a contract with us (or someone else hat could pay serious wedge) and Bridge was in twilight of his career.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why cant people get their head round the fact that generally loans (esp those from the really big clubs) are not that comitted.

They generally tend to not regularly chunder on the edge of the pitch and look pale as a ghost and not be able to muster enough energy to hack it for even half a game tho eh?

That boy is either seriously ill or has no future as a footballer.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Wardy was playing for a contract with us (or someone else hat could pay serious wedge) and Bridge was in twilight of his career.

Not this.

He's spent a season with us, day in day out working with the same people, travelling with the same people, having dressing room and training ground BANTZ with the same people. The thought that he'd not be bothered, if only for the sake of these people, a lot of whom I imagine may be good pals now, is nonsense.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't doubt for a second that he's bothered. He's just fairly lightweight and like a lot of youngsters tends to struggle to impose himself on a game. Plus, he's mostly been used in situations where's he's desperately needed to deliver. And to be fair, a few times he has. Certainly knows where the net is when he does get a chance so maybe, just maybe, we could lay off him until this play-off campaign is over?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And he'll probably score a couple of goals on Monday to boot. This board has a wonderful knack of vilifying certain players who have then come back and played blinders. So far this season I give you Lewis Dunk, Tomer Hemed, Jiri Skalak, Sam Baldock, for starters, who have all incurred the wrath of NSC's finest only to come back with "up yours" performances.

Personally, I will support EVERY Brighton player regardless, they are part of a fantastic team which deserves encouragement not abuse.
You missed out Murphy. Plenty wanted to 'Get Rid' after his first few games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here