Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What on earth have I just seen from WIlson?

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
When Man U had an injury crisis upfront this season they went and gave a league debut to Rashford. Then what happened. Time for a Hambo, Harper or Tilley moment I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just to add to my previous post. If your front man is going to press you need the whole team to press, otherwise it becomes a futile exercise as the four defenders pass him out of the game while the rest of our team drop deep to soak up and then counter.

You can't counter if your front man is way out wide pressing their full back, you may as well let them have the ball on halfway and soak up.

I've been frustrated with Wilson at times but he was using his brain tonight and stayed available to be an outlet.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
He always seems to be standing arched over with his hands on his knees. And he's only come on as a sub!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He was back putting in tackles in the left back position and helping out.
He said when he came that he couldn't play as the focal point of an attack. And he can't.
But there's nothing like an NSC witch hunt based on nothing.

el punal

Don't care what's wrong with him, all I know is he should not be in a Brighton shirt. Pathetic player and shows how weak our front line is

And he'll probably score a couple of goals on Monday to boot. This board has a wonderful knack of vilifying certain players who have then come back and played blinders. So far this season I give you Lewis Dunk, Tomer Hemed, Jiri Skalak, Sam Baldock, for starters, who have all incurred the wrath of NSC's finest only to come back with "up yours" performances.

Personally, I will support EVERY Brighton player regardless, they are part of a fantastic team which deserves encouragement not abuse.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was back putting in tackles in the left back position and helping out.
He said when he came that he couldn't play as the focal point of an attack. And he can't.
But there's nothing like an NSC witch hunt based on nothing.

Yes, down to 10 men, asked to play a loan role with little service - very difficult for him tonight.

D

Deleted member 2719

No thanks. Bruno is wasted there. And Rosenior/Bong not built for CB. Also makes the defence too slow. Dunk for the last 15 if we're in with a shout though.

Okay yes bruno is wasted there and i think to casual to be in the centre, Liam maybe not built for it, but Gaetan at 6 foot could do the job surely?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ok maybe i should re word, He has deffo got ability but he has been absolutley pony for us, the only player in the team that looks like he couldn't care less.

A scrapper he doesn't appear to be but a finisher most definitely he is, hopefully we can get him in better situations monday night.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Just to clarify - I think he is a real talent, was just so frustrating at times when it looked like he could have been doing more hassling on their centre backs bringing the ball out. But I'm probably just taking my anger of our shit luck out on him.

I went over the top with thread title though. I hope he does the business on Monday. UTA.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The thing that bothers me is he doesn't looked interested

He could have CMS'd it ran chased and hurry defenders without ever regaining possession. Got dragged out of position time and time again and when his team mates regained possession he was ****ed running back from their left back position to be an outlet.

Instead he maintained his energy for when he had the ball and let Baldock & Skalak do his running from wide areas.

The shape of the team was the important part and we could have done without our front man being too far away from our midfield to break.

I'll give it a rest now tonight, but I think some understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here