Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What now for Nigel Farage?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He's served his purpose to Johnson and Gove and will be given some sort of gong and retire to spends more time with his money. Hopefully :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's served his purpose to Johnson and Gove and will be given some sort of gong and retire to spends more time with his money. Hopefully :)

Could have had a fat EU pension like the rest of them.....

In fairness, he opened the countries eyes to what the EU is over the last decade or so

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well now he has effectively made himself redundant as an MEP how will he survive without the huge, generous expense account ?

he will be all right for beers as there will be plenty of white van men queuing up to buy their hero a beer... He will have to quit politics as his raison d'etre will be gone... expect him to re-appear by " popular demand " in about 6 months.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I personally think Farage is gutted. I doubt he ever thought we would actually leave. For a good few years he was able to simultaneously bleat on about how bad the EU is and gain the "respect" of a certain sector whilst earning a ****ing fortune out of it while doing absolutely zero work for it. He messed up big time and he knows it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
he will be all right for beers as there will be plenty of white van men queuing up to buy their hero a beer... He will have to quit politics as his raison d'etre will be gone... expect him to re-appear by " popular demand " in about 6 months.

I have a white van :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It didn't stop the Prince of Darkness when he returned after his first, or was it his second, cabinet resignation.

But he was a Lord (of darkness) by then . . . as was one of Maggi's cabinet (and I seem to recall he was a genuine foreigner - McGregor wasn't it?).

My expectation is this. Boris will be PM by October and will see out the rest of the term (why call an election???). Corbyn will still be labour leader since Millipede created a system that means Corby is safe safe safe. Boris will CRUSH Corbyn in the general election and rule until he loses his focus (probably by being caugh hanging out the back of some young political student).

So where is Farage in all this? Banging on about his next cause of course. Which is likely to be 'we want a referendum on Bringing Back Hanging' which will be his cry after the next madman runs amock in the 'name of Islam'. AND his party will STILL get votes, just as the Scots Nats did after they LOST their own Brexit referendum. No, he will still be there, dazzling people who respect a man who stands up against 'political correctness gone mad' (with apols to whoever posted they never wanted to hear this expression again).

Just as a day after we capitulated to the Biggest Team (etc etc) in Sheffield I felt sanguine, I fee sanguine now about Brexit. Not pleased, clearly . . . but sanguine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I personally think Farage is gutted. I doubt he ever thought we would actually leave. For a good few years he was able to simultaneously bleat on about how bad the EU is and gain the "respect" of a certain sector whilst earning a ****ing fortune out of it while doing absolutely zero work for it. He messed up big time and he knows it.

Perhaps he could take himself the European court for constructive dismissal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Farage will be fine. He can continue to pick up his salary from Brussels for a few more years without bothering to attend and when he does have to leave he gets TWO pensions - one the details of which are publicised and a second, the benefits of which are highly secretive. Add the usual book rights and lecture tours and you'll never see the back of him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Farage will be fine. He can continue to pick up his salary from Brussels for a few more years without bothering to attend and when he does have to leave he gets TWO pensions - one the details of which are publicised and a second, the benefits of which are highly secretive. Add the usual book rights and lecture tours and you'll never see the back of him.

Thank god there is no Wogan these days, he would be on every other week with new snippets and titbits about how corrupt and inept the EU commission is yet forgetting to mention his own absence record and expenses claims.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here