Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What now for Nigel Farage?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally I disagreed with him and voted to remain but you have to admit that without him we would probably never have had the referendum (a good thing you might say, but I couldn't possibly comment)

Many years back, pretty well single handedly, he started banging on about leaving the EU and now it is happening. He deserves credit for his persistence and reading of the feeling of a large proportion of the electorate, even though you may disagree with him, maybe even strongly.

Under normal circumstances someone who campaigned and won like he did would get a least a cabinet post in the next Government.

But I doubt he will.

There's bound to be a general election soon, probably before the end of the year or at the latest early next year. Whoever becomes the next Tory leader, most likely Boris allthough not necessarily - the party activists love him but many MP's aren't over keen - will need to go to the country to get their mandate rubberstamped. Especially with the Labour party not exactly electable, what has has the new leader got to lose?

Even if there isn't an general election there will certainly be a new PM and he or she will appoint a new cabinet. probably without Nigel Farage; he's in a different party and isn't even an MP at the moment. OK, he may well get a seat in Parliament but will people still vote for him now the main reason for doing so has now gone away?

Maybe his best chance is if there is an election and a hung parliament - which I don't think will happen but then I didn't think we'd leave - and Boris or whoever needs his support for a coalition. But again, will UKIP get several MP's now the whole reason for voting for them has pretty well disapearead?

I suspect our Nige will end up spending more time with his family. And will probably be royally pissed off and resentful of the unfairness of life. (Nigel Farage that is, not his family)

A long time looking over his shoulder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here