Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What music/entertainment have you experienced repeatedly despite not ever liking it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, is that the Scott Matthews I am seeing tonight in Bexhill supporting Robert Plant? Does that mean I'm in for a real treat?

That’s the guy.

I love him, really lovely guy with a great voice.

Did you enjoy it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Find myself reading threads on NSC that I have no interest in, including this one, don't know why.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Question Time

No idea why I get drawn to it when it just annoys me.

Yes this.

Me, before it starts. "This'll be good this week, so much going on in politics, bound to be some awkward questions".

*Some red face gammon asks a question*

*No one answers it*

*Red faced gammon says something ridiculous. All the other gammons applaud. Fiona rolls her eyes*

Me: "This is shit, you're all idiots"

*Some badly dressed SJW asks a question*

*No one answers it*

*SJW says something insane. All the other SJWs applaud*

Me: "ARRRGH. FFS. Have you heard yourselves?"

And then, at the end of the programme the lovely Fiona looks down the camera and I go a bit giddy. "Next week we'll be in Plymouth where our guests will include Nigel Farage, Diane Abbott and a man who spent five years living as a hermit in a hole just outside Totnes".

Me: "That'll be good......"

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That’s the guy.

I love him, really lovely guy with a great voice.

Did you enjoy it?

After I saw your post, I so wanted to really like Scott, but just not quite to my taste. He does have a great voice, but I found it a little shrill/harsh to the ear at times, possibly due to the venue or the way he was set up for Bexhill. An ideal support act, he worked hard, plays well and has a terrific vocal range. But to me, fell in to the category of talented 60's and 70's style Island Records type of singer songwriter that I feel I should enjoy, but doesn't quite do it for me. Lacked a bit of stage presence but played a decent harmonica. He was warmly received and the guys sitting behind me really enjoyed him and he chatted amiably to fans in the interval. I will listen to some of his recorded output and see if there is more for me, but I was glad when he finished and I could look forward to Planty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anything that's played to me over the telephone because they are 'receiving an unprecedently high number of calls' (knowing that they're lying doesn't do anything to increase my enjoyment either).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nitin Sawhney.

When I finally got around to burning my cd collection onto a hard drive I discovered I had about 6 or 7 of his albums. When I listen back to them now, most of them are pretty weak to my ears and I'm not sure why I kept buying them. Perhaps I kept thinking the next album would be better than the last.

There is however one absolute gem of a track that I play very regularly, so not all is lost. It's this one:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just get a separate account. You know it's worth it for your self-pride alone!

When I first subscribed to Deezer I foolishly let one of our older kids try it out briefly with something he likes to compare it to his Spotify. He played the J Cole album....Born Sinner.

BIG mistake on my part!

I spent months afterwards trying to get rid of all the motherfecking niggas, hos and bitches that Deezer was convinced I now liked when in 'Flow' mode.:facepalm:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Anything that's played to me over the telephone because they are 'receiving an unprecedently high number of calls' (knowing that they're lying doesn't do anything to increase my enjoyment either).

Don't you wish you could shout down the phone at them "well employ some more people then you cvnts..."? :lolol:

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Friends - Its on so much no that it has got boring. And it is badly written and rubbish anyway.

Ed Sheeran - I appreciate that he isn't an Xfactor wannabe but his music sucks.

Michael Buble - Untalented karaoke singer.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Marvel films I quite liked these early on but cannot remember one I have enjoyed for years yet always get sucked into watching the latest one on release. I even watched the latest Spider-Man and I don’t think I have enjoyed one of those films.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Friends - Its on so much no that it has got boring. And it is badly written and rubbish anyway.

Ed Sheeran - I appreciate that he isn't an Xfactor wannabe but his music sucks.

Michael Buble - Untalented karaoke singer.

Ok, we get it. Three choices that fit the bill for you, but 'badly written rubbish, music sucks and untalented karaoke singer'? Presented as statements of fact doesn't really work does it.

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell a troll. Maybe not to your taste, but literally millions and millions and more millions would disagree with you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ballet leaves me cold but Mrs Jakarta loves it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnucrINi3jE

So many birds love ballet. Childhood dreams innit.

It’s the one form of classical entertainment I can’t abide. Give me the London Philharmonic playing any length of piece and I’ll find a way to appreciate it. I’ll sit through most operas except Gilbert & Sullivan but ballet bores the hair off my sack. More than bores me, it actively annoys me :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It must be a function of getting older but I'm starting to like Opera more & more, it helps we have Glyndebourne on our doorstep of course.

How can you NOT enjoy this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eHO_PEWLk

Mate, absolutely. La Traviata is a good one to get into. One of the longest Arias in opera, some people find it a bit of a “wibbly waily” opera but there’s moments in it which get the hairs on your neck standing up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7zWrIMV_g

Also, an afternoon watching a philharmonic concert at the Dome is a fine way to spend an afternoon and with tickets going for around a tenner? Get in.

I’ve always thought the life of an opera singer or a great classical musician must be magical.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sometimes when I'm channel-surfing, I come across Citizen Khan - and I don't turn over, because I simply cannot fully comprehend just how terrible it is. It genuinely fascinates me that this catastrophic dreck actually makes it past a pilot, and onto mainstream primetime television.

I just sit there, agog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here