What minor things annoy you

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The way passing comments, guesses and supposition become fact so quickly on nsc, especially when trying to sow seeds of discontent/criticise people. (see transfer fees Dickinson, Barnes, see contracts Murray, Calderon)

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bastard coughs held acidly over christmas times. I intend to cinema myself in moments and hope for the life of me that some extreme lockets will keep my throaty racket down for other viewers.

Spy Kids. The graphics are rubbish and the annoying children have reached the same level of a wish for destruction and bad fortune in me as The Roadrunner.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Legitimate arguments being dismissed for lazy reasons. For example comments against man u being dismissed "because you're jealous", dismissing comments about any keeper "because some people will never be happy if it's not kuipers", or "it's just because it's the fashion to blame x".

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Getting very drunk in a few pubs and in the one whose pints send you over the edge and want to expel the curdles of your stomach in the nearest place you find a toilet to puke in which already has a giant, unflushable turd in it.
A few weeks ago i decided to get back into smoking for a night and had a roll-up after pint 4. I grew giddy, the headrush quite unbearable, and looking to hide the embarassment from the roller went into the toilet to relax. A cool place it be. I was fine until i noticed a monster in the bowl and a mountain of wet paper trying to cover it. I think someone in desperation had done one on top of the paper too. I was quite queasy then and went back to my table to sup on a cold brew instead.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not sure how/whether to criticise..........but Doctors/NHS who don't talk to each other. Individually they are so caring and considerate, but when they pass you/child over it seems to fall over. Why??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you ever cooked anything for your wife in 80 years of marriage?

Many many times in our 46 years but she is an early to bed early to rise merchant as opposed to me I am on here and it is 2.27am, so she tends to be up and cooking breakfast before me. Also I love cooking and although I say it myself am quite good but she doesnt like clearing up the mess I make or doing the washing up. Everytime I need a spoon or any other item I use a clean one so loads of washing up.:laugh:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The use of the terms Stains, Manure, Palarse, Spuds, Wet Sham etc etc by people over the age of 7.

Makes me cringe every time I see it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The use of the terms Stains, Manure, Palarse, Spuds, Wet Sham etc etc by people over the age of 7.

Makes me cringe every time I see it.

thank you.

can you imagine anyone saying that out loud in a pub, pre internet days. oh i see wet sham got beat last night. people would think you were a bit simple.

there is not one internet 'jokey' football club name that is remotely funny.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"well, if you get rid of him, who are you going to get instead?"

It wouldn't be so bad if that was used in an innocent, let's see who is available, if they'd be a good fit for the job, etc., but it is almost always used in a "No, let's not fire him" way, and the idea of having to have someone lined up rather than seeing who is applies if you don't make aan offer for someone in particular, just seems too rigid to me. Would we have got Gus if we had this attitude? No, we would have kept with slade because Coppell ruled himself out, so Bloom had to look through the applicants to pick a successor.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
People referring to, for example, "effort" as being anything greater than 100%. Stop it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports