Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That christmas mcdonalds advert where everyone sings their order.

The desperate need some people have to prove how big of a fan they are, or feel they have a right to define what a "real fan" is.

Cyclists who cycle along the road two-abrest next to each other so they can have a little chitty-chat, meaning I have to swerve onto the other side of the road to get round them, or slow down to 20mph and wait behind these twunts if there is oncoming traffic.

You want to travel somewhere whilst having a chat ? Get a CAR you dry lunch.

Check your Highway Code. Perfectly acceptable . You will have to wait until a suitable space to overtake just as you would a milk float or tractor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Check your Highway Code. Perfectly acceptable . You will have to wait until a suitable space to overtake just as you would a milk float or tractor.

Still a pain in the arse as are most cyclists, if there not blocking the road like they own it, without paying for ther priviledge of using the roads like motorists, they are breaking the law by riding on the pavement.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Twats that have been standing at a bus stop for a few minutes before the bus comes along but still wait til they get on the bus to spend two minutes rummaging round looking for their money or ticket, utter THICK *****.

Nail, hit, head, on, bloody annoying.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Stuff being priced at £1.99, £2.99, £3.99 etc etc

It really doesn't fool anybody into thinking it is cheaper than it really is, and just means you end up with loads of shit copper coins that you don't want.

Just round it up to 2, 3 or 4 quid or whatever. Please.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Really, well I live along a country lane that has pedestrians, horses, cars and the odd van plus cyclists who have club rides most Sundays, they are the most dangerous people on that road as they think everything should get out of their way. They also have no problem shouting at each other or riding three or four abreast. Also, they use mobiles which unlike a car driver is perfectly legal. I've been very narrowly missed by one of these recently. I am happy to report that recently one of the bastards got gobby with a local and received a slap and two flat tyres for it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Still a pain in the arse as are most cyclists, if there not blocking the road like they own it, without paying for ther priviledge of using the roads like motorists, they are breaking the law by riding on the pavement.

Erm... I would imagine a lot of cyclists also have a car. Plus, Local Authorities have a responsibility towards the upkeep of roads and that is paid through Council Tax - Cyclists are not exempt from Council Tax.

Ignoring that, cars cause a great deal more wear and tear to the highways than a push bike.

Cycling towns/cities, generally, have less congestion.

It is good for the health (ignoring the dangers of impatient and poor drivers).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Erm... I would imagine a lot of cyclists also have a car. Plus, Local Authorities have a responsibility towards the upkeep of roads and that is paid through Council Tax - Cyclists are not exempt from Council Tax.

Ignoring that, cars cause a great deal more wear and tear to the highways than a push bike.

Cycling towns/cities, generally, have less congestion.

It is good for the health (ignoring the dangers of impatient and poor drivers).

Nobody has an issue with cyclists that use the roads sensibly but not all of them do. The cycle clubs round this area a case in point.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nobody has an issue with cyclists that use the roads sensibly but not all of them do. The cycle clubs round this area a case in point.

Plenty of people bracket cyclists together. Why is that not the same for drivers? I see far worse drivers (far more likely to cause a fatal accident) than cyclists.

I lived on the edge of Dartmoor for a year. There were plenty of cycling clubs out and about at the weekend. It is not the end of the world having to sit behind them for a while. When did everyone become so impatient?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Plenty of people bracket cyclists together. Why is that not the same for drivers? I see far worse drivers (far more likely to cause a fatal accident) than cyclists.

I lived on the edge of Dartmoor for a year. There were plenty of cycling clubs out and about at the weekend. It is not the end of the world having to sit behind them for a while. When did everyone become so impatient?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Working in a supermarket, people who are convinced they know better than you. Some classic examples from merely the last week include
'You've definitely overcharged me for this item' - Well, there's this thing called your receipt, and it'll tell you everything you have purchased today. I'm right, am I? Okay, bye then.
'Why don't you do [insert obscure item that nobody could possibly ever buy here] anymore?' - Erm, I don't run the shop. I can show you to similar items that may be of interest to you but how the hell am I supposed to know WHY it's not being sold anymore?

And my personal favourite from today:

'Excuse me, madame, but this is a Tesco's Clubcard. You are currently in Iceland'
'Does that matter then? I've used it before.'
'Where, in one of our stores?'
'No, in Tesco's.'

Jesus wept.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Still a pain in the arse as are most cyclists,

That's a pretty sweeping and damning statement. Most of my friends and family are drivers, and occasional cyclists - I hope the majority of us don't suddenly become a pain in the arse to you on the rare occasions we get our bikes out of the garage.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Oz Clarke
This f**king cold I've had, that won't go away after 3 bloody weeks!
The fact that this whole country (except Next, DFS, etc) shuts down for nigh on two bloody weeks over Christmas, just when I need a heating engineer!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Being expected to enjoy something you know you won't enjoy and then being criticised for not enjoying it because "everybody else did".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here