Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why is it that despite the fact we are told over and over again that it's illegal and dangerous people will still use a mobile while driving ? Mind you people still drink and drive.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why is it that despite the fact we are told over and over again that it's illegal and dangerous people will still use a mobile while driving ? Mind you people still drink and drive.

Because the penalties are too soft. And the chances of being caught are very slim. It's a moronic calculated risk that the idiots take.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also using a phone does not carry a points penalty like speeding etc justa fine, if it did more people would take notice. Also if stopped I feel that the police should take action against the caller if possible, where it is firms phoning their employees knowing they are probably driving, difficult I know, but it is irresponsible of firms to phone like this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whats wrong with them? Internet bred terms.

I think it's a combination of them being rushed into inappropriate use on message boards (person A asks a rhetorical question that is designed to win an argument, person B gives an answer which contains his own rhetorical question that is supposed to end the argument, Person C proclaims Person A was "pwned" because he didn't reply within five minutes - completely ignoring that person A was last active a few hours ago, hasn't seen the reply and might well have his own comeback (especially when annoying when Person B's comeback was nonsense, or the answer to his supposedly rhetorical question is so obvious)) and partly because it sounds like it was invented by 10 year old boys and it comes across as a contrived attempt to create a buzz word.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Also if stopped I feel that the police should take action against the caller if possible, where it is firms phoning their employees knowing they are probably driving, difficult I know, but it is irresponsible of firms to phone like this.

One slight problem with that, how does the caller know the receiver is driving ? Agree totally about the inadequacies of the punishments though.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I hate it when you spend two months planning a party so drivers can get drunk without worrying, saying people can't have one of the spare beds, and then ebcause she doesn't want to come out he decides he's too tired too (he lives five minutes away and she is at his) and then lie under the guise they're "tired" when actually they're both constnatly buzzing.

Then when i say i'm sick of her making people ditch others and thinking she controls the group of friends we have, he says i'm acting like a five year old. :angry:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I hate it when you spend two months planning a party so drivers can get drunk without worrying, saying people can't have one of the spare beds, and then ebcause she doesn't want to come out he decides he's too tired too (he lives five minutes away and she is at his) and then lie under the guise they're "tired" when actually they're both constnatly buzzing.

Then when i say i'm sick of her making people ditch others and thinking she controls the group of friends we have, he says i'm acting like a five year old. :angry:

Nothing quite like airing your issues on NSC eh.
Jo Whiley REALLY annoys me.
"ooh new music, ooh i made this band, ooh i may have a face like a worn scrotum but i'm well young really- down with the kids ennit"
cock.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Also using a phone does not carry a points penalty like speeding etc justa fine, if it did more people would take notice. Also if stopped I feel that the police should take action against the caller if possible, where it is firms phoning their employees knowing they are probably driving, difficult I know, but it is irresponsible of firms to phone like this.

Agree that penalties should be much stiffer, but gow on earth can you prosecute the caller - impossible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can get 3 points for using a mobile and up to £1,000 fine.

My mistake I got mixed up with no seat belt which doesnt carry a points penalty. As regards the comment how does somebody know that a person is driving I was thinking mainly of firms ringing people like my 3 sons who all drive for a living and their firm knows they are more than likely driving but still ring them with stupid things like Mr Smith has phoned when will you be there. Totally irresponsible by tele sales just tell the customer it is on the van and I cant contact the driver to ask him as he is driving he will be with as soon as possible. If I keep stopping him to ring back to ask the same question for each customer it will take him longer to get to you.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Twats that have been standing at a bus stop for a few minutes before the bus comes along but still wait til they get on the bus to spend two minutes rummaging round looking for their money or ticket, utter THICK *****.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
when be people say/usually type, "I can't be asked" instead of "I can't be arsed".

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
1. The amount of disabled spaces in car parks in relation to parent & child spaces. Surely there's loads more people with small children then disabled people ? (and if you're not sure then next time you're at the supermarket just look at how many disabled spaces aren't being used and how many parent & child spaces are available)

2. People who say.... and then 'she turned round and said' or 'so i turned round and said' why do all these people keep turning round ? Why arent they facing each other in the 1st place ?

3. People who brag about their expensive cars on facebook in a supposedly subtle way...... Eg : Bob cant believe how much it now costs to fill up the Merecedes. What aload of bollocks ! and no its not 'cos i dont have a merecdes.

4. Plastic fans who never watch their team play

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A person in front of you in a bank or building society who choses lunch-time to deposit huge quantities of small coins in their account without counting or bagging them beforehand. Drives me mad.:angry:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My mistake I got mixed up with no seat belt which doesnt carry a points penalty. As regards the comment how does somebody know that a person is driving I was thinking mainly of firms ringing people like my 3 sons who all drive for a living and their firm knows they are more than likely driving but still ring them with stupid things like Mr Smith has phoned when will you be there. Totally irresponsible by tele sales just tell the customer it is on the van and I cant contact the driver to ask him as he is driving he will be with as soon as possible. If I keep stopping him to ring back to ask the same question for each customer it will take him longer to get to you.

How many people drive for a living - a small percentage, I bet and you want a law specifically for them ? There's a few million quid wasted in setting that up. Surely any employer who regularly needs to contact their employees who drive all the time should supply hands free sets. Personally I keep my phone in my trouser pocket when I drive, so I couldn't get at it if I wanted to.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
1. The amount of disabled spaces in car parks in relation to parent & child spaces. Surely there's loads more people with small children then disabled people ?

This annoys me (apologies), for some reason over the last year or so people are writing then instead of than. Not sure where this trend has come from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here