Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
People who throw rubbish out of car windows - or eat their Macdonalds in the car park, then just open the door and dump the rubbish on the floor.

i like people who put it under the car using a toddlers logic that its gone away now. then drive off and there is a f***ing bag full of mcdonalds in the middle of a parking spot. there really are some people who are a complete waste of food and air.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The newspapers currently being full of end-of-year quizzes and reviews. I read the papers pretty much every day...I can remember what has happened over the past 12 months so I do not need a review, or worse, a quiz to remind me.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Knobbers driving motability scooters on the road

Foreign language students blocking pavements outside their schools during breaks

People holding pub doors open to talk on their phone or smoke! FFS it's cold! SHUT THE DOOR!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
(Hollingbury Asda Car Park) Scum that caused a large amount of damage to the car of my folks' neighbours (Both octegenarians and one suffering from Parkinsons) and then felt the need to leave a false telephone number to con the concerned public. :nono:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Tescos carrier bags they seem to be made out of cling film these days and always break. Also when you walk into a tesco and there are two staff standing by the self service checkouts watching you in case you need assistance. Why employ staff to watch you do their jobs for them

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tescos carrier bags they seem to be made out of cling film these days and always break. Also when you walk into a tesco and there are two staff standing by the self service checkouts watching you in case you need assistance. Why employ staff to watch you do their jobs for them

I love the fact carrier bags are falling to pieces. It does persuade more people to use a greener option. I'd like to see them phased out completely.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In the main supermarkets yes and I don't use carrier bags but when popping into an express on the way home not everyone carries a reusable bag with them everywhere they go!!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In the main supermarkets yes and I don't use carrier bags but when popping into an express on the way home not everyone carries a reusable bag with them everywhere they go!!

Agreed but at least Tesco don't charge for their bags. I am always buying bags for life only to leave them in the boot of the car. Why can't supermarkets issue those large paper sacks that you get in America to carry your shopping to the car?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
People who don't know the difference between affect and effect. You affect something to cause an effect!

Car drivers who get in a piss when overtaking me on my bike. It's going to take you 2 bloody seconds longer to get to the queue of traffic at the next traffic lights.

The way Australians make every sentence a question by going up at the end.

People not realising that starting a sentence with, 'I'm not racist but....' means 'I'm a complete racist'.

Robbie f**king Williams - what a complete c**t.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Robbie Williams: good call :thumbsup:

And people who get their babies' ears pierced: it is utterly WRONG to have a three month old child (or even a three year old child) with studs in their ears.

Sep 1, 2010

This indeed. In an amazing stroke of misfortune last week, when I got off the bus last week with 2 tesco carriers they both split at the same time. Unbelievable. Shitting bastard in fact.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bus drivers beeping cyclists to get out of the way. Disgraceful behaviour, they should show more respect. I can only apologise to the busload of people I then deliberately held up in retaliation. I feel I was making a valid point though, and I felt like I had public support.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"jump the shark" maybe it's more a thing said by americans, but it seems to have very little meaning. Most of the time when people say it, they simply mean "I'm not enjoying the show any more", but it is frequently just thrown around because people think it makes them sound like a student of television arts, like their opinion has more weight.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bus drivers beeping cyclists to get out of the way. Disgraceful behaviour, they should show more respect. I can only apologise to the busload of people I then deliberately held up in retaliation. I feel I was making a valid point though, and I felt like I had public support.

Excrement! Like your style. Nothing like cycling slowly in front of several tonnes of rolling machinery, as I have done myself on occasion to make a point. Not quite the Tiananmen Square geezer and the tank, but the same idea. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here