ii. Their
iii. They're

Writing "could / should / might of...", instead of "'ve or have..."

I mean, come on - this is basic primary school stuff. :angry:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Taxi Drivers > Sorry if it offends anyone on here, but they are the most selfish and, I would say inconsiderate, but I'm sure they know they are doing it. I appreciate they have a job to do, but this does not excuse, just stopping where it is convenient for them, rather than other road users.
Rant over

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Incorrect use of:

i. There
ii. Their
iii. They're

Writing "could / should / might of...", instead of "'ve or have..."

I mean, come on - this is basic primary school stuff. :angry:

I absolutely agree! This is the number one annoyance of my professional life - I work for an exam board and people in my department don't seem to appreciate that there is no excuse for an exam board using incorrect spelling. Bad spelling and grammar online is fine by me (my spelling and grammar on NSC is usually terrible!), but professionally it is unacceptable.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
what a load of shite you talk.

I have 2yr old twins and I regularly let them chomp on stuff before getting to the checkout. When I get to the checkout I let the checkoout person know and they just scan the already opened food in first. So if the supermarket are OK with it, why arent you? Isn't this thread about annoyances that actually effect you.

I'm with Programme Seller on this one
And this thread is about minor irritants
I think it is out of order consuming goods before payment
If the supermarket are so ok with it, I might bring in me cereal bowl and spoon and have me brekkie instore next time I get impatiently peckish before the checkout

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Everything about young women today - a generation of airheads:

They way they are addicted to their barbie-pink mobile phones, and have to talk or text all day and night. Walking along the pavement, crossing the road, stood at a bus stop, queing at the cash machine, doing their shopping, serving you in a shop, etc - they talk non-stop to their equally dumb friends. Do they think they will die if they stop using ther mobiles for 5 seconds? Is their self-esteem and sense of worth so low that they need to be in constant touch with their girlie friends in order to feel that they exist?

Even in a pub or restuarant, young women are constantly checking for texts every 5 seconds, or running outside into the cold and the rain to talk to someone on their mobile. Boyfriend/husband nips to the loo, she gets out her phone to see how many texts she's received in the hour since they left home!FFS, why not just have a real face-to-face conversation with the person(s) you're out with?! It's dumb, and it's bloody rude to be more interested in your precious mobile phone than the people you are with.

The way so many young women today start/end every sentence with 'Oh My God', and then use 'like' 5 times in each sentence: 'Oh my God, I was, like, walking down the road, and, like, I saw my friend, and she was, like, coming towards me, and we were both, like, oh my God, it's you, and I was, like...." SHUT UP!

The way these same emotionally shallow women worship trashy celebrities (to think that they actually view Katie Price, Paris Hilton, almost any of the trashy, gobby, young women in Eastenders, etc, as role models!), and want to be glamour models rather than do a socially useful job, or something with some dignity. In the meantime, they strut around covered in hideous fake tans, wear fake nails, bling jewellery, chew gum with their mouths open (classy, love!), drool over Hello or OK magazine, etc, but always have that Victoria Beckham smacked-arse face scowl - 'look at me; I'm so special and in love with myself, and I'm too important and up my own arse to smile'. Word of advice - you don't look glamourous or sophisticated; you look bloody miserable, hard-faced and stuck-up.

I shall now go and lie down..................

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Drivers who don't indicate (are we FU*KING psychic regarding your intentions?), and drivers who park on zig-zags near pelican crossings (you are blocking oncoming driver's views of the crossing and someone could be killed you selfish twunt!)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So if the supermarket are OK with it, why arent you? Isn't this thread about annoyances that actually effect you.

They're not. Some of them have started putting up signs by the sandwiches and such asking people not to eat the food before they've paid for it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People who let their kids stand up inside supermarket trolleys (by that I mean in the trolley itself, not the seat bit), usually because they're too fat and lazy to walk and the parents are too weak to make them.

Brilliant. I and all the other customers put our food in there, but you're quite happy to allow your children's filthy shoes, quite possibly containing traces of dog shit, chewing gum, mud, vomit, piss and whatever other crap is lying around on the pavement, to trample all over it? Do you let them walk on the kitchen worktops at home too?

Thanks. Thanks a lot :angry:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
People who let their kids stand up inside supermarket trolleys (by that I mean in the trolley itself, not the seat bit), usually because they're too fat and lazy to walk and the parents are too weak to make them.

Brilliant. I and all the other customers put our food in there, but you're quite happy to allow your children's filthy shoes, quite possibly containing traces of dog shit, chewing gum, mud, vomit, piss and whatever other crap is lying around on the pavement, to trample all over it? Do you let them walk on the kitchen worktops at home too?

Thanks. Thanks a lot :angry:

And when they fall out, they seem to think it's the supermarkets fault :angry:

I actually laughed when some fat kid was in one and it tipped over. Silly chav family.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When you're walking down the street and a group of people are coming the other way, and they are spread out across the pavement, none of them willing to stand behind their friends for a brief moment to share the pavement, as if they are going to miss out on some vital part of their conversation if they don't walk in line with each other.

Modern buggies/push chairs. I get that they're now sturdier with numerous compartments for all the things a parent needs, but they are impractical for public transport, and take up so much space on pavements, especially when pairs or more of parents go out together (see last paragraph). They don't fold down, so when it comes to getting a bus they take up so much space that only three or four can get on a bus at a time. There was a time when you could fold up a pram into almost nothing and every mother and child could get the bus, not just 3 or 4.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
People wearing garish fluorescent hi-vis jackets for no apparent reason. I saw a bloke today wearing a hideous orange and yellow hi-vis combo today in Sainsburys - made me feel quite unwell.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I feel it's time I took part in this thread. :tantrum:

People who park on zig-zag lines next to pedestrian crossings – what an arsehole you are; “OK so a small child might get run over but I really need to park here”

“May contain traces of nuts” on every item of food packaging, including nuts.

“Serving suggestion” on a ready meal, showing it on a plate. Right, I hadn’t thought of that.

The Gordon Strachan lookalike who sat in front of me at Notts County away 7 years ago and had a massive rant at me as I brushed his shoulder when I leapt up as we scored.

People who don’t use their damned handbrake (I realise this is now 95% of car drivers). I’m getting blinded by your brakelights you utter twerp.

People who indicate right to go round a roundabout but then don’t indicate left to turn off again. Thanks a f***ing lot, I just ground to a halt for nothing.

Modern, so called “R n B” music.

X Factor

Having no terraces at football

The fact that it’s deemed unsafe to stand throughout a match, but perfectly ok when you’re jumping up and down after a goal.

Michael Winner

Croydon

Mouth ulcers

People in restaurants who talk so loud that you can hear their conversation from the other side of the room; there’s always one.

As above, but for offices.

As above, but for trains.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
people who come off the A23 joining the A27 towards Falmer who pull straight out into the outside lane without looking and causing those in the outside lane to brake sharply!

them foul mothed yoofs sat in the H block who think its big and funny to shout C**T at the top of their voices and then giggle to eachother afterwards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cyclists who cycle along the road two-abrest next to each other so they can have a little chitty-chat, meaning I have to swerve onto the other side of the road to get round them, or slow down to 20mph and wait behind these twunts if there is oncoming traffic.

You want to travel somewhere whilst having a chat ? Get a CAR you dry lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here