What minor things annoy you

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Fog lights on needlessly has become annoying since reading this thread.

We Buy Any Car ads on Dave

A particular style of writing; "mossstlyyy useddd by girrrlllsss, whooo addd tooo manyyy letterrsss tooo wordsss"... very annoying, if anything it exhibits a limited vocabulary, by drawing out words with extra characters.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sealed plastic packaging that is IMPOSSIBLE to open without forcibly hacking it to bits with a pair of scissors and then strenuously ripping down the edges to prise it open. If they are making it as DIFFICULT as possible to open the thing and lacerate yourself in the process then they have certainly succeeded.

Most definitely this! Why is it done like that? Why Godammit why?!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Entertainment News right in the middle of a film on ITV2 or other such channel. I really have zero interest in what Z list celebrity went to which premiere in Leicester Square or whatever, just get back to the film.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
People who are happy to drive at 45mph on a national speed limit road where it is perfectly safe to do 60mph and then when they come to a 40mph speed limit they will continue to do 45mph.

Traffic lights in Brighton, especially on the Lewes Road near B and Q. When waiting at traffic lights, you should be ready to go straight away as soon as those lights go green. This gives as many people as possible a chance to get through! In addition, people who pull out in front of you on a road and then take ages to build up speed. If you are going to pull out, at least make an effort to get up to speed as quickly as possible. Even more infuriating is when people pull out in front of you despite there being nothing behind you, just wait for christ sake!

People on trains who sit in the aisle seat to try and put people off sitting with them. When I see these to55ers do this, I on purpose make a point of sitting there even if there are lots of alternative seats available. Whilst on the subject of train travel, I cannot stand the relentless nonsense of the train announcing this is coach number 1 of 12 etc - unless the train is dividing at Haywards Heath then WHAT IS THE POINT? Also people who eat vile smelling food, rustle newspapers, loud people, relentless talking on mobile phones and trying to sound all important using corporate buzzwords etc. Also people with out of control kids on my train home in the evening, if I have had a busy day in the office all I want is peace on my journey home!

Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Eastenders and the goons who rave on about them being the number one thing to watch on TV.

X Factor and the ridiculous hype it produces.

People who are waiting at the bar to get served for a long period and when they finally do get served they have to examine each pump to decide what they want. Surely having been waiting all that time they would have used that time to work out what they wanted?

People in general, the general public just about sums it up!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The "snow and ice" preventing DPD couriers delivering my new mobile phone. Buses can get up my road, but delivery vehicles can't. This wouldn't have happened if the Royal Mail were delivering it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Poorly calibrated traffic lights which only stay green for about 15 econds for the MAIN FLOW of traffic, then do the same amount of time for the other directions which has f***-all to let through by comparison. Southern Cross being a goodun for this.

Traffic lights which change for NO REASON, ie when there are no cars waiting at the other junction. So you stop, you wait, you drum your fingers, nothing pulls out, then off you go. The lights outside the Pilot in Southwick being a prime example. Whats wrong with SENSORS ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
10 pages and rising. A damning indictment of 'the human condition.' If this thread had been titled 'Minor things you love about life' it would have probably struggled on for a couple of pages before fizzling out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports