Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What kind of job would tempt De Zerbi away?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
He must be overdue a new, improved and extended contract? I guess he would have benefitted from a pretty lucrative bonus for the top 6 finish but another million quid in his pocket each year might keep him here a bit longer particularly if we keep improving

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't get the hate for the OP. Not interested in discussing it? Don't comment or open the thread.

Personally, as I've said many times before, I think (if both teams have successful seasons) he'll be off to City at the end of the season. Or whenever Pep gets bored.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The OP is a Swansea fan and it’s a legitimate question. All the while we are disrupting the top 4/ 6 there will be at least two teams with more money doing worse than us and potentially looking to change coach. The question gets asked because we’re incredibly successful compared to our budget.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he will stay at least this season and next. I don't think there's any rush for him to go anywhere. He is a properly loyal guy and he knows the big bucks will come eventually.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't get the hate for the OP. Not interested in discussing it? Don't comment or open the thread.

Personally, as I've said many times before, I think (if both teams have successful seasons) he'll be off to City at the end of the season. Or whenever Pep gets bored.
Don’t see hate….and I’ll politely ignore your request that I shouldn’t open or read the thread …I’ve not been banned…..yet!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thank g
The OP is a Swansea fan and it’s a legitimate question. All the while we are disrupting the top 4/ 6 there will be at least two teams with more money doing worse than us and potentially looking to change coach. The question gets asked because we’re incredibly successful compared to our budget.
Bet you wouldn’t be saying that if he was a Burnley fan 😉

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I can't see him leaving you right now with the current squad and set up you have, in the league you are in (competing against the best managers in the world, in the best league) for an Italian team like Juventus and Inter who don't currently have the player profiles he likes. I can't even see him going to a Spurs.

I think it would take a Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or P$G to get him.
Oh here we go

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he will stay at least this season and next. I don't think there's any rush for him to go anywhere. He is a properly loyal guy and he knows the big bucks will come eventually.
I think I agree with this. He has something of the romantic football fan about him (see his comments about Ansu Fati) and when he goes I reckon it will be to a Madrid/Barcelona/Man City/Milan type giant, not some big name under achiever like Spurs.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Potter was rewarded with a longer term contract early into his time with us, I wonder if the same is on the agenda with RDZ?

Reality is the man is special. Let’s just enjoy every moment and live for the now.

Champions League football next season will no doubt help 😉

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Now - Moyes put one over on him last week - but it is a good sign that the team bounced back yesterday.

He will go eventually - but I suspect that he will take his time rather than jump at the first big offer like Potter did.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don’t see hate….and I’ll politely ignore your request that I shouldn’t open or read the thread …I’ve not been banned…..yet!
Hate is the broadest sense. Criticism, maybe. It wasn't a request, merely a suggestion :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now - Moyes put one over on him last week - but it is a good sign that the team bounced back yesterday.

He will go eventually - but I suspect that he will take his time rather than jump at the first big offer like Potter did.
Difference is Potter knew he was a mediocrity. Hence he had to jump ship while his stock was high. RDZ on the other hand knows how good he is. So has all the time in the world to make his next move

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm pretty sure that money isn't the prime motivation for RDZ. Especially having just managed in Ukraine. Seems to me he's a one-off maverick with a set of scruples that are far from common at this level of the game. All of his words and actions strongly suggest that this is the case.

Here's my favourite photo of RDZ. He's greeting Mudryk before our game at Stamford Bridge. RDZ believed in the boy and gave him extensive game time at Shakhtar Donetsk. Here they are, reunited in England. Doesn't he look every inch like a proud father? What a man! :love:

View attachment 165964
This 100 %

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here