Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What kind of job would tempt De Zerbi away?

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I can't see him leaving you right now with the current squad and set up you have, in the league you are in (competing against the best managers in the world, in the best league) for an Italian team like Juventus and Inter who don't currently have the player profiles he likes. I can't even see him going to a Spurs.

I think it would take a Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or P$G to get him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A job with a very good owner and a very interesting project where he could deliver success and trophies.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don’t want to tempt fate, but I think he’s the sort of person that will take us as far as he can. Then he’ll want a new project.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I know this is a forum and discussions are to be had, this seems to be becoming a habit of late. As soon as we win and win well these threads pop up, can't even enjoy the joy of a thumping win for 24 hours. Yes we could all just ignore it and scroll on, but it is becoming tedious.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can't see him leaving you right now with the current squad and set up you have, in the league you are in (competing against the best managers in the world, in the best league) for an Italian team like Juventus and Inter who don't currently have the player profiles he likes. I can't even see him going to a Spurs.

I think it would take a Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or P$G to get him.
I agree. The problem is that one of those teams is going to come in for him at some point. I’d be amazed if he is here next season. Hopefully we’ve already identified his replacement, I expect we have.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One that pays more.

See Murray, Potter, Coppell, Caicedo, MacAllister, etc...
I'm pretty sure that money isn't the prime motivation for RDZ. Especially having just managed in Ukraine. Seems to me he's a one-off maverick with a set of scruples that are far from common at this level of the game. All of his words and actions strongly suggest that this is the case.

Here's my favourite photo of RDZ. He's greeting Mudryk before our game at Stamford Bridge. RDZ believed in the boy and gave him extensive game time at Shakhtar Donetsk. Here they are, reunited in England. Doesn't he look every inch like a proud father? What a man! :love:

0_GettyImages-1251849090.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a good question.

I guess a lot rests on how our season pans out and if he remains motivated to smashing every ceiling he comes across. He is unlikely to find a club with a more supportive owner.

If he gets Fati firing as a world class player again and Barcelona have a non trophy season…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here