Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your Signature dish, Cooks ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I make the best shepherds pie in the known universe according to those lucky enough to sample it.

I'd invite EnRest :D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even ignoring the fact that he wouldn't eat the ingredients you have so thoughtfully used, I'm somewhat surprised that you would go to as little effort as a pasta bake for your HERO. I used to make those as a student. It's one up from a pot noodle which is itself one up from a cup a soup.

Keeping it real. Lokki.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you also prefer your dinner guests to actually want to eat the food you serve them?

I'd have thought you'd have known all this, what with you having started an ambitious Spielberg project way back last year. Or are you not close to finishing that yet?

I cannot believe some people are taking this thread so seriously or trying to point score. JESUS F*CKING WEPT. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I cook it from memory now, but here goes, 2 people:

Cup of breadcrumbs (60g I think), clove of garlic, a couple of chillis, handful of fresh parsley chopped, 8 scallops chopped into quarters, olive oil, spaghetti

Boil the spag as per instructions which should take 8-9 mins. Whilst this is cooking for the last 6 mins heat oil and fry the garlic for a minute, then stir in the breadcrumbs and season. Cook until golden. Stir in Chili and most of the parsley and for the 90 seconds stir in the scallops. Drain pasta and toss it all together. Sprinkle remaining parsley on top. It's a cracking, very tasty and very simple dish courtesy of my brother. Enjoy.

I cook it from memory now, but here goes, 2 people:

Cup of breadcrumbs (60g I think), clove of garlic, a couple of chillis, handful of fresh parsley chopped, 8 scallops chopped into quarters, olive oil, spaghetti

Boil the spag as per instructions which should take 8-9 mins. Whilst this is cooking for the last 6 mins heat oil and fry the garlic for a minute, then stir in the breadcrumbs and season. Cook until golden. Stir in Chili and most of the parsley and for the 90 seconds stir in the scallops. Drain pasta and toss it all together. Sprinkle remaining parsley on top. It's a cracking, very tasty and very simple dish courtesy of my brother. Enjoy.

Ta muchly.

One question, fresh breadcrumbs or the packet ones?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ta muchly.

One question, fresh breadcrumbs or the packet ones?

I use a tub of Homepride breadcrumbs I have in the cupboard. The breadcrumbs are more for flavour as opposed to texture, as they lose their crunch when added to the damp spaghetti. So, I guess if you have got fresh breadcrumbs to hand this dish will be even better.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I use a tub of Homepride breadcrumbs I have in the cupboard. The breadcrumbs are more for flavour as opposed to texture, as they lose their crunch when added to the damp spaghetti. So, I guess if you have got fresh breadcrumbs to hand this dish will be even better.

:thumbsup:

I'll do it Friday with fresh and let you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:thumbsup:

I'll do it Friday with fresh and let you know.

I guess you might need to play around with the measures until it works for you. But, I love scollops and big flavours and I never tire of this dish. Good luck and let me know what you think.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
It depends. I like to cook a variety of different genres of food.

The family rave over my butterflied chicken breast with grilled mascapone and grated salami topping.

Or a great tapas dish is chorizo in bite sized chunks with chopped onion and tomato, nothing more. Oven for 30 mins and serve with chunk of bread to mop up oil. YUMMMMMMY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here