What is your "I wish I had been there" Albion occasion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Newcastle away 79
Cup semi 83
Play off semi v Swindon at home

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Winning the charity shield agaimst league champions villa.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Newcastle Away 79, Wembley 83, Wembley Play Off, Hereford, Cardiff Play Off, that night at Palace. My job has caused me to miss a lot of the big games.

You don't think about it at the time but I was lucky enough to be at all of these but with out doubt the biggest disappointment for me was not being at the opening league match against Donny at The Amex, I'd even saved for 2 years for that moment so the family could fly back for whatever the opening match was going to be but I just couldn't guarantee getting a ticket for the 5 of us, would have been the most expensive game of football I've ever been to including the flights.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hereford; I was best man at a wedding, spent the afternoon with radio clamped to my ear.
I also missed Newcastle away as I had a hot date. I especially regretted it when she didn't show up.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Opening league match against Donny at The Amex, was my 40th birthday present. Got offered a job in NZ which I accepted. Absolutely gutted can not wait to go to the AMEX.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Watford home 1958 promotion game

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Lucky enough to have been at every game mentioned above (after 78) did however miss the win at Anfield in 83 as on family hold to Tenerife & listened to 2nd half in cab back from Gatwick

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
For me there is only one contender. St James' Park in 1979.

I was working in Weymouth at the time. My boss decided to give me the day off, but didn't tell me until the Friday night. Dickhead. No ticket, no chance of getting from Weymouth to Newcastle. So I made do with a trip to Brighton and I was on the platform when the train came in, in the middle of the night. That was brilliant, but didn't make up for missing the game.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Anfield in the cup in 1983. Not allowed to go as I was 'too young to go that far just with your mates'. Luckily we had obviously all grown up by the semi-final day onwards......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
For me there is only one contender. St James' Park in 1979.

I was working in Weymouth at the time. My boss decided to give me the day off, but didn't tell me until the Friday night. Dickhead. No ticket, no chance of getting from Weymouth to Newcastle. So I made do with a trip to Brighton and I was on the platform when the train came in, in the middle of the night. That was brilliant, but didn't make up for missing the game.

Blimey, small world, I was in Weymouth too!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You don't think about it at the time but I was lucky enough to be at all of these but with out doubt the biggest disappointment for me was not being at the opening league match against Donny at The Amex, I'd even saved for 2 years for that moment so the family could fly back for whatever the opening match was going to be but I just couldn't guarantee getting a ticket for the 5 of us, would have been the most expensive game of football I've ever been to including the flights.

Well there you go; I was at the Donny game. Best day ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports