Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your favourite UK city after Brighton and London?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Exeter after living near there for a few years - nice place and obviously in lovely surroundings

went to uni in canterbury - its a nice town, but too full of tourists and some of it is really grimey, a bigger area than most cities

i also hate london

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If I could work from home, I'd probably pick Derry

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bath - Lovely place, stunning architecture, good pubs and food and decent rugby team to watch

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One which surprised me most was Peterborough. For those of you who like the real ale scene it is a cracking city with lots of unique little pubs and around the cathedral is lovely.

Of the big hitters I like Manchester, it knocks the spots of Birmingham for things to see and do.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Cardiff - great social life, lots of things to do and the people are generally very friendly (well apart from on 6 Nation rugby days if you are English and England win but that's to be accepted!)..... Bristol definitely catching up too.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Why? I like going back but I'm done with living there.

its way too busy and grey/dreary for me - i always feel depressed going there - im much more of a countryside guy, and whilst i live in brighton right now (first time ive lived in the centre of a city before) it feels a lot less cramped, and its easy to get out into the countryside (a lot like exeter/canterbury actually)

theres also some people who once theyve moved there, think its the only place on earth (guess you could say the same about brighton, but at least we have the sea)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Chester. Lovely city.

I've not been, but two of my close mates rate Durham and Bath, as each went to Uni in those cities. One of them now lives in Bristol and speaks well of the place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its way too busy and grey/dreary for me - i always feel depressed going there - im much more of a countryside guy, and whilst i live in brighton right now (first time ive lived in the centre of a city before) it feels a lot less cramped, and its easy to get out into the countryside (a lot like exeter/canterbury actually)

theres also some people who once theyve moved there, think its the only place on earth (guess you could say the same about brighton, but at least we have the sea)

If you prefer the countryside then I guess London is not going to float your boat :smile: I'm the exact opposite; I get really bored in the countryside and hate having to drive 3 miles to a petrol station when I've run out of milk.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Neither Brighton or London make it into my favourite list, however, I don't mind Edinburgh & Bristol

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here