[Misc] What is your favourite trainers you have worn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
10996011894_c57199c7f5.jpg

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Hi tec silver shadow, never had a pair but think you had to be a certain type of bloke to own them ha ha

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'm such a trainer fiend, I love a thread like this. It's good to see what others are sporting.
For me it's mostly Adidas Originals. I picked up some Air Max 90's last year, and whilst they were comfortable, they just haven't lasted - disappointed! Current favourites are a pair of Saucony Jazz in chocolate brown and a pair of limited edition black Gazelles with faint white fleck, and black stripes. My only gripe with these is that I didn't buy two, or even three pairs. I've never seen them since, and can't imagine I'll ever get another pair

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mostly adidas over the years gazelle zx etc... just got myself a new pair of brown beckenbauer allround.

Others I remember that I liked were my Pony NFL from the 80s and my KangaRoos as warn by Walter Payton used to have a little Velcro pocket in the tounges they were all black so got away with them for schools shoes.

Same. Present from Santa.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
To be fair, I don't think ANYONE wears football boots for anything other than playing football, do they?

That's my point - it seems equally strange to me that someone might want to wear running shoes for things other than running, although I accept that lots of people do.
It does make me laugh, however, for example on a match day, when WSU is full of fat gits, kitted out in expensive and highly technical running shoes, many of whom look as though they can barely struggle up the stairs to the stand, let alone run...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's my point - it seems equally strange to me that someone might want to wear running shoes for things other than running, although I accept that lots of people do.
It does make me laugh, however, for example on a match day, when WSU is full of fat gits, kitted out in expensive and highly technical running shoes, many of whom look as though they can barely struggle up the stairs to the stand, let alone run...

I hate seeing big bulky proper running shoes worn with jeans, I do wear casual trainers but I wouldn't go running in them.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Currently got a box fresh new pair of blue Gazelles on that probably come second only to the Olympic Blue Munchen I got just before the London Olympics as all time favourites.

I have a set of dark blue Munchen hoping to recapture ~1985 coolness, but just not getting it...maybe it's because they're not the 'True Blue..' :(

Flirted with Asics and K-Swiss Brown trainers for a while, but would be happy 90% of the time kicking about in Adidas shell toes; availability and age caught up with me and i was drawn to it's chavy younger brother in SD recently- http://tinyurl.com/pw5vz9u

Historically, i have been cooler - these were just essential back in the day - http://only-sneakers.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/puma-g-vilas-77.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports