Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is your favourite trainers you have worn.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
pony-trainer-shoes.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The 574s come in a ridiculous number of colour combinations. Did your missus go for the burgundy ones per chance? They're a good look on a lady.
I wanted to get burgundy ones, not sure whether that's acceptable on a male or not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd find it hard to nominate a single pair.

I've undoubtedly spent most of the past 20 years in Adidas classics of some sort or another, with shell toes featuring heavily. For a court shoe, it still has to be Adidas. For a retro-runner, I'm with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - the NB 574s take some beating. They're next on my list.

View attachment 62747

Considering a pair.

Will probably end up with another RIDICULOUSLY comfortable pair of Asics / Tigers though. New asics (and Tigers) outlet store at Gun Wharf, innit.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I've had loads of pairs of Nike Air Max 1s; classic shoe from my youth along with Reebok Classics. :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've generally alternated between Reebok classics and Nike airmax, but I've decided I don't like white trainers anymore so I've been in skating trainers for the last few years but they don't last too long.

I'm a big fan of my sketchers at the moment though, most comfortable trainers I've ever worn!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think I am in a minority of one in today's world, in that I wear sportswear only for sports, and not in daily life. That applies to trainers too -- as far as I'm concerned they are for running in; I don't think I've ever worn a pair for any other purpose. (Similarly I've only ever worn football boots for playing football).
So I would choose trainers primarily for comfort, effectiveness, speed and support when running, and not particularly for what they look like: after much experimentation the brand I prefer, and which seems to fit my running style and reduce the risk of injury is Karhu. I originally had a bright green pair in the early 80s which served me for several hundred miles.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd love another pair, but fear I would look ever so slightly ridiculous at my age. They were a thing of beauty with a pair of Lois cords.

Lois cords. Now you're talking. I'm pretty sure my first season in the North Stand of the Goldstone in the mid 80s pretty much every kid in the middle bit behind the goal was wearing a pair of electric blue, including me. I also had some yellow ones :eek:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
weathered1.jpg
Not trainers. Sperry Dockside's, In the past 40 years or so I've had about 10 pairs. Worn day in day out apart from when soaking in a bucket of water for a couple of days, to clean. They start out all shiny and gradually turn into something like your favourite pair of jeans. It's a sad day when the stitching finally goes and you have to break in a new pair.
There used to be an old boy in Cowes that would repair them, and even sew on new soles. That's long gone, they just hang around until the new pair gets to look more like the old pair, then they go in the bin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I am in a minority of one in today's world, in that I wear sportswear only for sports, and not in daily life. That applies to trainers too -- as far as I'm concerned they are for running in; I don't think I've ever worn a pair for any other purpose. (Similarly I've only ever worn football boots for playing football).
So I would choose trainers primarily for comfort, effectiveness, speed and support when running, and not particularly for what they look like: after much experimentation the brand I prefer, and which seems to fit my running style and reduce the risk of injury is Karhu. I originally had a bright green pair in the early 80s which served me for several hundred miles.

To be fair, I don't think ANYONE wears football boots for anything other than playing football, do they?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Asics Onitsuka Tigers for me. Couldn't say which particular ones are my favourite though. I love each of my current 43 pairs equally. You might as well ask me which is my favourite child.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here