Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is your all time favorite football quote?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not anything that starts with "you can not underestimate...." when they mean "you can not overstate" - drives me mad

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
“The tide is in our court now - and we must control the bandwagon” - Kevin Keegan

I have a huge fan of mixed metaphors.
On a similar theme didn’t Chris Cattlin once say, when asked about possible transfer targets , something like ‘I’ve got some irons in the fire but I’m keeping them close to my chest.’

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ

”Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can’t buy our soul or spirit”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That reminded me of the other Glenn Murray quip which I've been trying to find on google and can't - someone help please. Something like "what do you put your recent goal scoring form down to Glenn?"
Glenn - "Pascal Gross"
That's reminded me of another Glenn one, when the commentator asked how he found scoring in the Premier.

Glenn, deadpan, 'When I last looked, they hadn't moved the goals' :wink:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Not a ‘Quote’ as such but one of the funniest things I ever witnessed was Albion vs Hereford back in the day. Terry Paine the ex Southampton winger was ending his playing days for Hereford, The Brighton faithful were chanting Terry Terry Terry Paine Terry Paine Terry Paine etc. he, Terry Paine, turned to the crowd raised his arms above his head to accept what he thought was fan adoration only to met with a volley of Wank Wank Wank Wank wank Wank Wank, Wank Wank Wank, Wank Wank Wank, etc. he turned in apparent disgust, everyone in the crowd near the scene were falling about laughing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here