Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is WRONG with people?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't realise how much I look at the score boards until last night.

One of my mates had to go on line on his phone to work out who had been booked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. I thought the big screens were useless, which I guess is what the Europa League specifies. No teams displayed, no goal-scorers shown, or yellow cards. And not a Hope in hell of reading the substitutions.
and Mill Road Park and Ride was awful. I left bang on full time and didn’t get on a bus until 11o’clock, having discovered that my waterproof is not waterproof….

I left WSL 10 minutes into stoppage time and jogged to the Mill Road queue, already large and not moving. Probably got on a bus about 25 minutes later, drenched too due to an old Northface ‘waterproof’. Looking down at the queue, it’d doubled up to the small luggage hut by then.

I’ll revert to my leaving a bit earlier routine from now on.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't realise how much I look at the score boards until last night.

One of my mates had to go on line on his phone to work out who had been booked.
Yes, I will admit to glancing at the BBC text updates for the same reason a couple of times.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Surprised there wasn't an advert for "customers" to download a new UEFA app for all your in-game updates including replays, team sheets, yellow cards and substitutions (yours for £2.99).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah, surely they would have tested this before so we could see the subs who were coming on.

Also annoying the teams aren’t listed so you can see who has been booked and who their number 7 was who was tormenting us.
That 7 looked like a question mark on his back. The ? Mystery man!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AEK Athens and WHU played a style of game that largely nullified our game.

Our game as we know relies on slow build from the back to draw players out of position making space to pass to midfield who then feed the wings then attack the box in numbers.

To nullify this they largely ignored the slow build at the back and instead identified key players Gilmore and Gross with very physical marking this condensed the play at on point Gilmore received the ball and 4 players instantly surrounded him, when the ball did go wide our wingers were always faced with two defenders again very physical.

We were at times overwhelmed and out muscled in midfield which meant Pervis, Pedro and Fati were coming into an already tight space to try and help out.

The opposition played two lines close together of deep defence.

No one played badly but we were outfought as a team.

How do you overcome this well obviously a ball winner in midfield who can give as good as he gets is essential and trust in the central back two as a unit to allow wingbacks to support midfield transition to the wingers.

I my opinion Milner made a couple of good runs and tackles but looked a yard off the pace and on one occasion only the tackle through experience and not pace right place right time, but he is no marauding wingback but he might make a very good ball winner in midfield as he doesn’t have to run to much.

While we are having right back problems I think March would be a better option if and when Lampity gets injured and then to play Adingra who looks quite exciting

The central two defenders didn’t quite gel last night Igor at times looked unsure lacking in pace and urgency he was often playing the opposition onside by 10 yards I suspect to give himself more time to react to any runs.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I left WSL 10 minutes into stoppage time and jogged to the Mill Road queue, already large and not moving. Probably got on a bus about 25 minutes later, drenched due to a too old Northface ‘waterproof’. Looking down at the queue, it’d doubled up to the small luggage hut by then.

I’ll revert to my leaving a bit earlier routine from now on.
But you’ll only get people moaning at you for leaving early……. But I know what you mean and am thinking what to do myself.

and I discovered that my Craghoppers waterproof, which is also too old, is more like blotting paper. When I got back to the car I took it off, obviously, but also the retro Albion shirt I was wearing under it as well as it was sticking to my arms, it was so wet. The t-shirt under that was bearable, and the heated seat in the car helped.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I got home to Worthing at 12-45…
Horrible. Drank too much. Trains.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i clearly havnt been paying attention too much in the train queue previously.
Had no idea you could take umbrellas to a game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those scoreboards last night were DOGSHIT.
As mentioned, no indication of who was on a yellow, and once we hit the 90th minute when 13 minutes added time was indicated, that added time was not on the scoreboards either. I had to set off a stopwatch on my watch to keep track.

Absolute PONY, as was the whole night tbh, being as I stood for about 45 minutes in a monsoon to get back to the P&R, not getting home till half eleven, drenched to my PANTS.

What a crock of shit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Those scoreboards last night were DOGSHIT.
As mentioned, no indication of who was on a yellow, and once we hit the 90th minute when 13 minutes added time was indicated, that added time was not on the scoreboards either. I had to set off a stopwatch on my watch to keep track.

Absolute PONY, as was the whole night tbh, being as I stood for about 45 minutes in a monsoon to get back to the P&R, not getting home till half eleven, drenched to my PANTS.

What a crock of shit.
IMHO only the transport was a crock of shit (as always). The weather? Meh, shit happens. The scoreboards and rebranding were just... different. UEFA, generic, worse than what we're used to, tho, who knows, maybe an improvement on what AEK Athens usually get at home. It's European football. We play by their rules. Just grateful to be in a position to be able to do so. Back to normal and boring ol' Bmuff on Sunday. I know which prospect I'd be most looking forward to :shrug:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Racecourse is by far the best park and ride.
I've given up on it because of all the people just using it as a free bus away from the area, who aren't using the park and ride. I was finding I had to leave well before the final whistle to be sure of getting on the first lot of buses so I gave up. Am currently using Seagull Travel for the evening games. £20 I'd otherwise save on the free train or park and ride but at least it eliminates the hell of train travel and P+R scrum, and guarantees me arrival and prompt departure after the game. More important, I get to see the whole match.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Result and soaking aside must add the positive that following the earlier season breakthrough of sausage rolls finally making available in WSU we also now have self pour beer machines.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've given up on it because of all the people just using it as a free bus away from the area, who aren't using the park and ride. I was finding I had to leave well before the final whistle to be sure of getting on the first lot of buses so I gave up. Am currently using Seagull Travel for the evening games. £20 I'd otherwise save on the free train or park and ride but at least it eliminates the hell of train travel and P+R scrum, and guarantees me arrival and prompt departure after the game. More important, I get to see the whole match.
I don't use the P&R buses meself, but if I did...

... I'd suggest that they stagger the buses, park them up somewhere, so that they arrive at regular, say 20 minute, intervals. Like normal buses. P&R scheme whereby, if you miss the first tranche of buses, you have to stand in line for a full f*cking hour in all weathers before they come back again, is, I'd suggest, a scheme not fit for purpose

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I used Seagulls Travel for the first time last night. Picked up in Hassocks at 6.15pm, in the ground an hour later and I was home an hour after the final whistle. Very satisfactory arrangement.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It was a dreadful evening for me, we always lose when I sit on my Jack Jones (I cost us the Championship y’know!)
I'll share some of the responsibility.....I forgot to change my watch. I never wear my smartwatch to football as it is distracting as f***. In my haste to get to the pub yesterday I forgot to change it.

BUT

Worse than that I never back Brighton EVER. For some reason unbeknown to anyone I put them in my 9 fold acca last night. 8 legs won.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But you’ll only get people moaning at you for leaving early……. But I know what you mean and am thinking what to do myself.

and I discovered that my Craghoppers waterproof, which is also too old, is more like blotting paper. When I got back to the car I took it off, obviously, but also the retro Albion shirt I was wearing under it as well as it was sticking to my arms, it was so wet. The t-shirt under that was bearable, and the heated seat in the car helped.

I don't give a monkeys :lolol:. When I do stay the course, the stadium is normally 1/3 empty at final whistle, if we're getting well beat it's a sea of empty blue seats.

I'll be looking at Which? later for a highly rated waterproof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here