Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is WRONG with people?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The evening turned to turd, im saturated, just got home after shit transport, my phone has packed up because its soaked, probably screwed forever.
The only saving grace is i took two days off work for this, got spannered today with my football mates and had a right laugh.
We are all close to 50 years of watching the Albion.........today was special despite the result.

Got to laugh really

Marseille next..........bring it on
Just got in as well, do have work later. It was a good game for a natural. Shame about the result, but we are still new to this coming up against ten that are very experienced. Good the other game in the group was a draw. Not all lost.

What ever the result was, I saw our team try and work hard, sometimes that’s not enough, but it’s the minimum that should be expected.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It was a dreadful evening for me, we always lose when I sit on my Jack Jones (I cost us the Championship y’know!)
Soaked to the skin queuing for the Seaford train, then no buses due to an incident on the swing bridge….[stop there]

It was clearly a serious incident that put my “troubles” into perspective.

I hope the person involved is ok

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I felt like Stevie Wonder trying to read the teams and subs on the big screen :glare:
This. I thought the big screens were useless, which I guess is what the Europa League specifies. No teams displayed, no goal-scorers shown, or yellow cards. And not a Hope in hell of reading the substitutions.
and Mill Road Park and Ride was awful. I left bang on full time and didn’t get on a bus until 11o’clock, having discovered that my waterproof is not waterproof….

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is what it is regarding the result, rain, transport, ain’t nothing we all ain’t gone through before.
what grinded my feckin gears last night was…
standing in the line at half time with my daughter for some grub, some fat tw@t behind me shouted past me to save him a hot dog. I was next in line, got to the front and asked for hot dog for my daughter they took my money, the line split the bloke behind me orders his hot dog after me, only one left they gave it to him…
seething, hate things like that, I hope you chocked on it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a dreadful evening for me, we always lose when I sit on my Jack Jones (I cost us the Championship y’know!)
Soaked to the skin queuing for the Seaford train, then no buses due to an incident on the swing bridge….[stop there]

It was clearly a serious incident that put my “troubles” into perspective.

I hope the person involved is ok
Very nasty. A pedestrian hit by a car, and taken to hospital via a blue lighted ambulance. I hope she’s ok.

I confess, as I’m awaiting surgery on my foot, I left on 82 minutes to hobble up to the P&R, onto a bus almost immediately, and then home from the Racecourse. We missed most of the rain.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I confess, as I’m awaiting surgery on my foot, I left on 82 minutes to hobble up to the P&R, onto a bus almost immediately, and then home from the Racecourse. We missed most of the rain.
It’s inevitable now I’m gonna bite the bullet and join the rank of “early leaver”
Getting home post midnight is no good when I’ve got to be up at 4:45 the next morning and old lady PWK chewing my ear off because the boy is in a “vital year” at school.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s inevitable now I’m gonna bite the bullet and join the rank of “early leaver”
Getting home post midnight is no good when I’ve got to be up at 4:45 the next morning and old lady PWK chewing my ear off because the boy is in a “vital year” at school.
The Racecourse P&R works quite well. We were home for 10.30. I gave up on the Seaford trains a few years ago, although on a Saturday afternoon, I go to Brighton and pick up a 12 just outside the station.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Racecourse P&R works quite well. We were home for 10.30. I gave up on the Seaford trains a few years ago, although on a Saturday afternoon, I go to Brighton and pick up a 12 just outside the station.
Racecourse is by far the best park and ride.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What were the odds?

When I saw that Oatway in that thread thought we’d crush AEK, then our starting line up, I didn’t think it’d be the cake walk many in the media etc predicted. AEK’s manager has cited this post match tonight.

I saw that Brighton are second favs for the whole thing?

Madness

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Went to get programme
Queue was massive.
Friend suggested getting programme in the WSL concourse.
Go to concourse.
No programmes.
Ask for vegan pie at 19:30.
No vegan pies.
Watch defeat.
Drown.
Home at 00:15.
Alarm goes at 03:30.
In staff car park by 05:10.

Had the best night. Genuinely. Can't wait for the next Europa League night. :albion2:

Just ordered programme online.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I think it is a little sad that great fans such as yourself are having to make these decisions. If we had come back to draw the game or even win it with a spectacular goal you would not have been there to witness it. As it was you had to miss 21 minutes of football you had paid for but on the plus side got home early and without being soaked through! There is i suppose no answer to the conundrum of the travel load being spread over about 2 1/2 hours before the game and 20 minutes after. The only thing i thought would have help a bit especially in that driving rain would be if the club could some how display the state of the queues in the concourses after the match whether that be by a description or actual camera footage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here