Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best tinned soup? SERIOUS

Have none of you non-continentals heard of Minestrone, the crown prince of all pick'n'mix soups? Meade longs for weeks when such a flavoured bitty syrup is on special offer whether tinned or plastic-containered.

Proper homemade Italian minestrone is the ultimate in culinary delights. It's what the name implies - a big meal. I've known minestrone that can only be eaten with a knife and fork.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Knorr Lentil.

I know some of will turn your nose up at the thought of this. I was in Holland recently and I had mustard soup as a starter. Didn't think i'd like but it was absolutely lovely!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
024689.jpg

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Another vote for Heinz tomato soup, but give me a fresh homemade soup over any tinned product.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Forget tinned soups try local company Ginger's Kitchen Tomato & Chorizo Soup, great taste, natural and sooo filling!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Baxter's French Onion Soup!

I used to like this, but either my sweet tooth has gone or they have changed the recipe.

Now Spicy Parsnip is about the only one worth the price (when on Special Offer)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
much as i cannot stand people posting - thread closed - or - end of thread - this is tempting. heinz oxtail. best tinned soup ever. now you can go really posh and have cream of tomato as well as a starter, but oxtail is the kiddie.

Agreed. Heinz Oxtail is king especially with some buttered fresh brown bread. Scrumptious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here