Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best free pc security?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
the reason why the free ones are cheap is because invariably they're not that good.

Norton 360 this year is excellent and knocks the shit out of the opposition and is well worth the subscription.

You'll notice the difference if you've been using mcafee and AVG because the system resource 360 uses is a helluva lot less.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
True , for real protection you need to pay for it. The freebies should only be used in addition to make you feel 100% safe.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I used to use AVG but had a few problems with things slipping through its net so have switched to Avast! and happy with that.

Also Spybot S&D, AdAware and ZoneAlarm, Firefox with NoScript plugin.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Norton is spyware! Took me ages clearing that off, when a mate wanted to get rid of it from his rig.

AVG had got a bit heavier over the years, that's why I'm testing out Avast on my sisters comp.

If you are going to shell out your better off getting Nod32
Or Kaspersky

And dougdeep is just saying not to use them as his on a wind up as he uses Linux.

Nowt wrong with that option mind:)

Cant go wrong with this set up as well

Also Spybot S&D, AdAware and ZoneAlarm, Firefox with NoScript plugin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Get an Apple.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I've searched on here as I'm sure I have seen a thread on this befour, yet it came up with nothing. Anyway, my Mcfee has run out and I would rather not pay for it anymore as i thought it slowed my puter down somewhat.

I have done a Google but I dont trust anybody when it come to that sort of shit. Only will North Stand Chat keep away my fears.

Please help. Needs to be FREE.:yahoo:

Your McAfee is fine. The main McAfee thing allows 3 pooters. Mine. His. Yours.

Cloo. Stoo82 is one of my clan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the situation with Apple these days? I have had Macs for the past 10 years or so and never bothered with security. Should I consider this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Camicus

And this is the bloke who calls me an idiot ???

But you are an idiot please stop quoting me Im not actualy intrested in anything you have to say and its rather irritating to have you popping up on my notifications. I will take my Computer science degree and not venture an opinion then? FWIW I havnt run a AV programme for 12 years and in that time I have had ZERO virus issues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here