Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is Oasis's best single?

What is Oasis's best single

• Total voters

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
If the title wasn't enough of a warning, this thread is about the best Oasis single. If you don't like Oasis there's no need to carry on reading. Move on to the next thread.

For those of us who do like Oasis:

I was having a debate with my friend earlier about which was the best Oasis single. It was a very difficult thing to choose as there are so many great ones. By single we don't just mean the 'A' side but the 'B' sides too. Thus absolute classic songs like Live Forever may well struggle against 'weaker' songs that have absolute classic b-sides. I'm looking at Some Might Say here...

There will be a poll to follow shortly but in the meantime have a quick perusal of the singles of their first four or five albums before they got bored of knocking out classic b-sides(or more precisely, when I got bored of copying and pasting...).

Supersonic
Take Me Away"
"I Will Believe" (live)
"Columbia" (white label demo)

Shakermaker
"D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?"
"Alive" (8-track demo)
"Bring It On Down" (live)

Live Forever
"Up in the Sky" (acoustic)
"Cloudburst"
"Supersonic" (live)

Cigarettes and Alcohol
"I Am the Walrus" (live)
"Listen Up"
"Fade Away"

Whatever
"(It's Good) to Be Free"
"Half the World Away"
"Slide Away"

Some Might Say
"Talk Tonight"
"Acquiesce"
"Headshrinker"

Roll With It
"It's Better People"
"Rockin' Chair"

Wonderwall
"Round Are Way"
"The Swamp Song"
"The Masterplan"

Don't Look Back In Anger
"Step Out"
"Underneath the Sky"
"Cum On Feel the Noize"

D'yer Know What I Mean?
"Stay Young"
"Angel Child" (Demo)
"Heroes"

Stand By Me
"(I Got) The Fever"
"My Sister Lover"
"Going Nowhere"

All Around The world
"The Fame"
"Flashbax"
"Street Fighting Man"

Go Let It Out
"Let's All Make Believe"
"(As Long as They've Got) Cigarettes in Hell"

Who Feels Love?
"One Way Road"
"Helter Skelter"

Sunday Morning Call
"Carry Us All"
"Full On"

The Hindu Times
"Just Getting Older"
"Idler's Dream"

Little By Little/She Is Love
My Generation

As a young man how I loved those oasis cds and plastic cigarette cartons to keep them in ,although All around the world was probably the last one I bought.
I'd probably go with Cigarettes and Alcohol uk cd. However I paid Virgin £26 (Disposable income those were the days) to import the Japanese version of Some Might say for this Beatles cover so I should probably go with that even though I probably prefer the Beatles version.http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YTsDs4K5Kkk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As a young man how I loved those oasis cds and plastic cigarette cartons to keep them in ,although All around the world was probably the last one I bought.
I'd probably go with Cigarettes and Alcohol uk cd. However I paid Virgin £26 (Disposable income those were the days) to import the Japanese version of Some Might say for this Beatles cover so I should probably go with that even though I probably prefer the Beatles version.http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YTsDs4K5Kkk

I have the same one. Except it's technically not an import over here and was only about two quid(although also second hand).

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I went for" some might say in the end" as it's the only one where all four tracks are of an A side quality in my opinion.
"Supersonic" was close second purely because of "Colombia" on the B side,both of these tracks are strong enough to go up against all four tracks on "some might say" by themselves,and are probably 2 of my most favourite tracks,but the 10 out of 10 quality of all tracks on "some might say" just edged it for me.
But all the A sides are from defenitley maybe and what's the story are crackers that are impossible to choose between in my opinion.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Oooooh tough. Oasis remain my favourite band, despite their latter day mediocrity.

I think I've got to give it to 'Whatever'. Purely because it's not even an album track. It's just one they knocked out for giggles and its bloody brilliant.

'Live Forever' is their best track though, IMO.

This.

Whatever is a great track, but ‘It’s good to be free’ is bloody brilliant.

Noel played it to open his first UK High Flying Birds gig at Kentish Town forum. It went off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here