Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is Oasis's best single?

What is Oasis's best single

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
By coincidence I noticed Oasis Live By The Sea from 1995/6 is on Sky Arts next Thursday, from memorial a few of the b-sides are on it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a fan but I do like Look Back In Anger and Wonderwall. Voted Wonderwall because of the football song connection

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poll could have done with being multi-choice IMHO. Voted 'Live Forever' but could equally have multi-voted the quiet and beautiful 'Don't Go Away'

And EVERYTHING Late Period Oasis can just DO one :wave:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A pair of grade A cocks fronting the band but what a line up of songs.

Remember the hype as they launched onto the scene, ‘gonna be bigger than The Beatles’. blah blah. I really did not like these northern monkeys before I had even heard a song.

But tune after tune of epic proportions followed. Still a pair of cocks, but would love to see them live again.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think the Importance of being Idle should be on the main list

My fav is Bring it on down

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I feel like Go Let It Out isn't going to get the love it deserves. The b-sides are really good - Let's All Make Believe is an excellent little song.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hundred Million Quid BONANZA just waiting to be picked up by the daft Gallagher Bros plus - hopefully! - Guigsy, Bonehead and that original bloke on drums, should they ever choose - and they WILL choose - to go down that route

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't Look Back In Anger is, IMHO, iconic.

Honourable mentions for Champagne Supernova and Live Forever though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Hundred Million Quid BONANZA just waiting for the daft Gallagher Bros plus - hopefully! - Guigsy, Bonehead and that original bloke on drums, should they ever choose - and they WILL choose - to go down that route

Funny that the name of the bloke you've forgotten was in the band for longer than both Guigsy and Bonehead. Usually it's the bassist everyone forgets.

EDIT: Alan White is his name btw.

EDIT-2: I've just seen the 'original' bit. Ooops.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really tough choice and, to be honest, if you asked me the same question each day for a week, you'd probably get seven different answers. In some ways there's almost no comparison between the early and late Oasis. They are so different, but still brilliant in equal measure. Love Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Wonderwall and C&A, but I've gone with All Around The World. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I remember hearing it and thinking it was a great piece of music.

Special mention for Half The World Away, too. Tune!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite song of theirs was F**kin' in the Bushes - an instrumental from the film Snatch.

Half The World Away is a nice song too.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Hundred Million Quid BONANZA just waiting to be picked up by the daft Gallagher Bros plus - hopefully! - Guigsy, Bonehead and that original bloke on drums, should they ever choose - and they WILL choose - to go down that route

Or they can go the ABBA route of not reuniting, picking up a load of artistic kudos for the trouble of sitting on their enormous pile of money, and then 30years later turning their songs into a jukebox musical that makes them even more money without having to do anything.

Presumably, since Mamma Mia had Pierce Brosnan in it, they'll get Daniel Craig to sing in the Oasis one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or they can go the ABBA route of not reuniting, picking up a load of artistic kudos for the trouble of sitting on their enormous pile of money, and then 30years later turning their songs into a jukebox musical that makes them even more money without having to do anything.

Presumably, since Mamma Mia had Pierce Brosnan in it, they'll get Daniel Craig to sing in the Oasis one.

Mancs just LOVE to reunite - mainly for financial reasons that avoid them having to take bit-parts on Corrie. Two words: Take. That.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here