Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more important to you as an Albion fan.

What is more important to you as an Albion fan?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You have explained your point of view very clearly. There clearly isn't "right" and "wrong" on this issue.

Apart from characterising the current Albion team as "tedious". That is wrong. :lolol:

Totally wrong.
I was describing passages of our play, at times, as tedious, when played at too slow a tempo, in front of a massed defence, with no hope of breaking it down. You, clearly don't see this and must imagine that we play at the same tempo all the time. We don't. When we quicken we are a lot more effective but we play too slowly, too often. We have to aspire to pace and accuracy, like all the better teams.
Try reading a bit more carefully what someone is saying, before jumping down their throat.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think it was all said in the first 3 or 4 posts . It`s a combination of things , ever since i was 15 ( when i was first introduced to Beer :) ) every home game , myself and a few friends used to have a pint or two in The Cliftonville before crossing over the bridge to watch The Dolphins . This continued for a good few years until i moved to the West country . Enjoying the ritual of the entire day was important , but winning was essential for mind body and soul , otherwise i would have the raging hump for a few days . The few inches taller you feel every time The Albion win is vital to good health , even till this day . And i must admit to feeling a little bit superior when wearing my colours on a match day , in our local football pub surrounded by Man Utd , Chelsea , and Liverpool shirts and knowing most of them have never seen a game . So staying up is not an option , it is imperative . Apologies for the nostalgic rant .:bhasign:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sounds like by reading this thread that the poll needs the option "all of the above" before Other.

Its an entertainment industry at the end of the day so we want to be entertained. I was pleased when CH was given the boot because his football was turgid. Now we are playing much better football and not getting results and its equally as frustrating.

The one constant is the social element. I'm going to football now with the same people I did when we were in the fourth division which is why it doesn't really matter to me what division we ply our trade at. So if I'm going to pick one I guess it has to be that one.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Albion is habit from childhood which cant see giving up. Great stadium to watch football and enjoy banter with friends and other supporters. Many frustrations that PL brings I will be there. Of course entertainment is important but as at present time most of this is played in our half and frustrating that any game we play very unlikely to win

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was a day out/result kind of boy.

Now firmly driven by results funnily enough!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I couldn't watch us again under a Hughton type. My soul had been sucked dry by the end of his reign.

Has to be good football and entertained.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
All three of the specific options, but in order of importance:
Day out/social
Be entertained
Results

The better the top 2, the less the 3rd matters

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I like to celebrate goals, whether that is in the ground or watching on TV. I love that feeling of going batshit mental for a last minute winner.

When we loose, i feel like shit afterwards.

At the moment, i have no excitement for Brighton games, because I'm not expecting us to score and i am expecting us to loose.

Under Hughton the football wasn't the most exciting, but i remember us scoring goals and winning games. I've lost faith in Potter to being me those feelings.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’m not sure it’s exclusive to one particular answer. Right now I’d love to go to any game of any standard and be stood next to my mates as we have done for decades. I enjoy watching good football and I love seeing the Albion win, those two things don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand. It’s difficult to pinpoint one above the others for me.

I abstain :lol:

Would you feel better after we played well and lost (a regular occurrence), or if we'd not played well/or ugly but won the game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't watch us again under a Hughton type. My soul had been sucked dry by the end of his reign.

Has to be good football and entertained.

In a nutshell for me. I confess I would have stopped going or watching if he’d stayed and kept playing that way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like by reading this thread that the poll needs the option "all of the above" before Other.

Its an entertainment industry at the end of the day so we want to be entertained. I was pleased when CH was given the boot because his football was turgid. Now we are playing much better football and not getting results and its equally as frustrating.

The one constant is the social element. I'm going to football now with the same people I did when we were in the fourth division which is why it doesn't really matter to me what division we ply our trade at. So if I'm going to pick one I guess it has to be that one.

There is a big difference, to me, between frustrating (and this season so far has been the most frustrating In all my time watching the Albion) and turgid. Turgid was turning me against going and making me unreasonably angry. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for an exhilarating experience but our ineptness in front of goal and lapses at the back means it is just a flicker of light.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Entertainment = goals ( or should that be the over way round:lol:)

Take the City game as an example

As much as I enjoyed the performance, we didn't score and ultimately lost the game

=went to bed p.ssed off

If we had played half as good,but nicked a 1-0 win

=going to bed over the moon

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m not sure it’s exclusive to one particular answer. Right now I’d love to go to any game of any standard and be stood next to my mates as we have done for decades. I enjoy watching good football and I love seeing the Albion win, those two things don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand. It’s difficult to pinpoint one above the others for me.

I abstain :lol:

Totally take on board what you are saying, we all like to be entertained don't we? Football is however a results based business, so seeing the Albion win has to be paramount.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Totally wrong.
I was describing passages of our play, at times, as tedious, when played at too slow a tempo, in front of a massed defence, with no hope of breaking it down. You, clearly don't see this and must imagine that we play at the same tempo all the time. We don't. When we quicken we are a lot more effective but we play too slowly, too often. We have to aspire to pace and accuracy, like all the better teams.
Try reading a bit more carefully what someone is saying, before jumping down their throat.

I agree with this in part but as always there is nuance.

In order to play football and score goals you need space. Sometimes its necessary to draw out the opposition by sitting back a bit and being slow, inviting the press.
However I would also agree that the intensity in our play at times really isnt there.
There is a balance and we havent cracked it yet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would you feel better after we played well and lost (a regular occurrence), or if we'd not played well/or ugly but won the game?

It’s circumstantial, it depends on the quality of the opposition and my expectations of the game. Like the options on the poll, I don’t really have a definitive answer.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There is a big difference, to me, between frustrating (and this season so far has been the most frustrating In all my time watching the Albion) and turgid. Turgid was turning me against going and making me unreasonably angry. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for an exhilarating experience but our ineptness in front of goal and lapses at the back means it is just a flicker of light.

I think I'm completely with you on this but hypothetically how many points better off would we need to be for you to say turgid was actually ok?

3 moves us up a spot and gives us a bit of breathing room from 18th?
6 moves us up a further spot and means we can't be caught by the relegation zone even if they win their games in hand?
9 on par with Palace?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think I'm completely with you on this but hypothetically how many points better off would we need to be for you to say turgid was actually ok?

3 moves us up a spot and gives us a bit of breathing room from 18th?
6 moves us up a further spot and means we can't be caught by the relegation zone even if they win their games in hand?
9 on par with Palace?

A few turgid games is fine but it would mean a complete change of tactics, tall order no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here