Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What Is Brighton Most Famous For?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Highest per capita bus use outside London.

Booth Bird Museum.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Students
Messy streets
Homeless
Run down sea front
Coffee shops everywhere
Crack addicts at the level
Cockney hen & stag parties on West Street every weekend

Skegness, Great Yarmouth, Blackpool, Clacton, Cleethorpes, Margate ?

At least with no overseas travel you can get to experience the best of the UK seaside towns this year :wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pebbles and sticks of rock, blud, that's what they're known for. Pebbles and sticks of f*cking rock.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
A few times when I have said I'm from Brighton people start telling me about how Brighton is famous for antiques dealing but I must say I have never really noticed it as a haven for antique dealers,apart from a shop in the lanes that had a display of samurai swords in the window that I used to gaze at for ages as a kid.
But it does seem as though it's something we are famous for.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would have to say the gay and lesbian community.

Having spent over 30 years living outside of Sussex now, whenever I said I was from Brighton or supported them it would be the first thing that was said. One of the reasons I despise Southampton FC so much is the shit I used to get as child about being gay from their fans and was too young to understand to know how to deal with or respond to it correctly. Even my football coaches back then would go on about it constantly whenever I wore the stripes. The adult me wishes I could go back to the 10 or 11 year old me and confidently respond to those twats in the proud way I would be able to today. Even as an adult with a MRS and 2 children though, I'm still called Ducky by a few Southampton 'friends', purely because I'm from Brighton and support the Albion.

After that I would say most people comment on - 1) great night out and 2) The Lanes.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A Scottish ex-colleague considers Brighton most famous for overtaking his blighted town for heroin deaths a few years ago. Probably quite a niche view though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gays, hipsters, good nights out, "The Lanes", beach.

Luckily for us locals that tends to keep the day-trippers, stags and hens contained in about four square miles and leaves the much, much nicer parts of town like the parks and nicer pubs exclusively to us.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Prince Regent

Mods and Rockers

ABBA

Palace Pier

Brighton Rock

In popular culture last Jam concert and maybe Chris Eubank ?

Original home of Pride.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I would have to say the gay and lesbian community.

Having spent over 30 years living outside of Sussex now, whenever I said I was from Brighton or supported them it would be the first thing that was said. One of the reasons I despise Southampton FC so much is the shit I used to get as child about being gay from their fans and was too young to understand to know how to deal with or respond to it correctly. Even my football coaches back then would go on about it constantly whenever I wore the stripes. The adult me wishes I could go back to the 10 or 11 year old me and confidently respond to those twats in the proud way I would be able to today. Even as an adult with a MRS and 2 children though, I'm still called Ducky by a few Southampton 'friends', purely because I'm from Brighton and support the Albion.

After that I would say most people comment on - 1) great night out and 2) The Lanes.

Ducky? You must know some real dinosours! :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here