Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What in the name of Dickens is happening in the Bennett's field car park tonight?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If stewards are being abused, racially or otherwise by drivers in the car park I would try looking for some kind of unique indentifier on the vehicle so that they could report that person and have them banned. I mean I don't know, maybe I'm sticking my neck out here, but perhaps THE NUMBER PLATE!!!!!!

Frankly if a steward is too thick to work that out then maybe they should try something a little less challenging - like long term unemployment!!!
:lolol: Great post! And you're absolutely right; saying that the Police have told them not to steward the car park is a contemptible excuse and does nothing for fan/steward relations which can be a bit fraught at times.

I must admit I've stood in the bar of the ESU after matches (I go there for Cup games), looked at BF, shaken my head and come to the, admittedly false, conclusion that most of the stewards at the Amex are useless. Great at bullying, great at standing around, rubbish at helping where it really matters (transport).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can I suggest that some of you drivers park near a station and catch the train in? The trains have improved a hell of a lot since the stadium opened.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the waiting list (since last season) :thumbsup: :lolol:

I'd chase them up on that, I have a friend who is disabled, he buys a parking ticket on an ad-hoc basis when he can get to a game, and he gets to park in CP4 or CP5 no problem, and then gets the shuttle bus to the ground. I drove him on Tuesday night and was able to park in CP5, he was well enough to walk from there to the ground on this occasion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd chase them up on that, I have a friend who is disabled, he buys a parking ticket on an ad-hoc basis when he can get to a game, and he gets to park in CP4 or CP5 no problem, and then gets the shuttle bus to the ground. I drove him on Tuesday night and was able to park in CP5, he was well enough to walk from there to the ground on this occasion.

Hmmmmm. Why am I not surprised :lol: :shrug:

I've just checked the vehicle tracking records for the minibus shuttle service that runs between CP5 at Sussex University and the stadium. Last Tuesday, the minibus journeys were taking FOUR MINUTES to get people from one end of the journey to the other (both pre-match and post-match). Obviously you'd have to factor in the time to get in and out of CP5 to get a fair comparison with the Bennett's Field experience, but I don't see weekly moans about problems of car access at the University.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It might work better in BF if the stewards used a slightly fairer system when it comes to traffic leaving the ground but BF does seem to get held back for some reason, I had one game this season where I got up through the car park to the exit straight away and then sat dormant for 20 minutes while the stewards alternated between the P&R buses and the traffic coming down the hill from the university leaving us sat there twiddling thumbs. Before it goes down as another moan I've got no problem with waiting for my turn like everybody else it's just that those turns could be shared out a little bit better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It might work better in BF if the stewards used a slightly fairer system when it comes to traffic leaving the ground but BF does seem to get held back for some reason, I had one game this season where I got up through the car park to the exit straight away and then sat dormant for 20 minutes while the stewards alternated between the P&R buses and the traffic coming down the hill from the university leaving us sat there twiddling thumbs. Before it goes down as another moan I've got no problem with waiting for my turn like everybody else it's just that those turns could be shared out a little bit better.

This is a very fair point. I might be wrong but for some reason there is a huge amount of traffic that comes from the direction of the Uni/Health Club once the match ends and they seem to be given priority. Are there official club parking areas down there? If not it seems to me they are prioritising a lot of people who are parking in areas that they shouldn't be?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
This is a very fair point. I might be wrong but for some reason there is a huge amount of traffic that comes from the direction of the Uni/Health Club once the match ends and they seem to be given priority. Are there official club parking areas down there? If not it seems to me they are prioritising a lot of people who are parking in areas that they shouldn't be?

There is a big car park down there for directors and their guests.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Can I suggest that some of you drivers park near a station and catch the train in? The trains have improved a hell of a lot since the stadium opened.

I used the train in the first season at the Amex and on Saturdays it worked well but I ended up giving up on evening games by the end of the season, Most of the evening journey from Lancing to Falmer and back was ok and the station staff at Brighton and the Albion stewards were great, but it was the journey from Lancing to Brighton that was a nightmare. The trains from Lancing to Brighton were already packed and trying to get on with a wheelchair became virtually impossible and you'll be surprised at the amount of abuse that flies about on a packed train when people are asked to let a wheelchair get into a wheelchair space, Was'nt worth the hassle in the end so I gave up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here