Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has your phone done whilst in your pocket?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm still wondering how I can get GOSBTS ringtone on my Nokia.

I still have one , and it still wont play the download version of it through the media selector , i resorted to trying to record it at a game , it starts off ok then quickly deteriorates into the Benny Hill show theme tune

Gafones

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton

Attachments

• lescottdream2.jpg
    lescottdream2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 159

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that his brother originally contacted Stan Collymore to say his Twitter had been hacked.

Did the hackers accidentally pocket tweet ? Confused

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I remember Gary Hart beating Lescott for a header against Wolves back at the Withdean when we beat them 4-1 and generally making him look ordinary. When we were proper gash.

How he has thieved a living in the Premier League for so many years is a mystery to me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The worst thing I have done is pocket called a girlfriend whilst out on a night out with mates.

My phone accidentally dumped somebody whilst en route to Millwall.

Been seeing him for a couple of months but had decided he wasn't for me. Told him I already had plans with a few friends for a quiet drink or two rather than accept his offer of dinner or the cinema. Instead I went to watch the Albion at the Den (so it wasn't a complete lie :D). Whilst in the pub pre-match, various other people asked how it was going with this guy. I explained that he wasn't really doing it for me and that I was thinking about finishing it. A couple of drinks down and a little encouragement from my Albion-supporting chums, and I'd nearly plucked up the courage to do it, so I nipped outside to ring him (perhaps not intending to do it there and then but to at least tell him we should have a chat when I was back).

He didn't answer, so I put the phone back in my pocket and returned to the pub. "How did he take it?", they all eagerly asked, imagining I'd done the deed. "No reply", said I, and then proceeded to go through all the ways in which I preferred a night out at the Albion to spending the evening with him.

About twenty minutes later, I noticed a voicemail message on my phone from this guy. I dialled the number and listened in.

It turns out, somewhat awkwardly, that I hadn't cut the call off when he didn't answer, but instead had, inadvertently, left a long voicemail on his phone myself, during which the entire pub conversation with the others had been captured- with impressive clarity, it should be said- from the depths of my coat pocket. In particular, all the parts of the conversation where I advised my drinking companions that he was a bit boring, and not nearly as good company as anyone I ever went to the Albion with.

In his message left on my phone, he suggested that perhaps he didn't feel we should see each other again, which seemed a reasonable assumption on his part. I felt a bit guilty for about three minutes, then remembered that we had a big game that night, so, you know, priorities & all that.

If I remember correctly, the Albion won :clap2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In his message left on my phone, he suggested that perhaps he didn't feel we should see each other again, which seemed a reasonable assumption on his part. I felt a bit guilty for about three minutes, then remembered that we had a big game that night, so, you know, priorities & all that.

If I remember correctly, the Albion won :clap2:

I actually feel for him. Harsh Edna, harsh.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s phone seems to unlock itself, type and then post numerous threads about how great the Tories are doing. I know this because he has repeatedly said he isn't a Tory supporter :smile:

Whereas your phone clearly has a mind of it's own, unlocks itself, types and makes up wonderful, fanciful stories about how Labour were going to romp home at the Election.

That must be the case, as an intelligent chap like you surely couldn't have ever thought that was actually going to happen?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I actually feel for him. Harsh Edna, harsh.

Oh I did too, I honestly had no intention of doing it that way, I really did plan to sit down & tell him face to face. Best laid plans & all that.

And the Albion WON, did you not read that bit? :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh I did too, I honestly had no intention of doing it that way, I really did plan to sit down & tell him face to face. Best laid plans & all that.

And the Albion WON, did you not read that bit? :wink:

Now what is really interesting is you qualifying that you never intended to do it that way. Imagine the type of mind that would intend to do that; I know it will go to voicemail and I'll just leave it running for an overheard conversation. Actually that is genius, I don't know what I went through the whole face to face thing when I could have planned a pocket voicemail all along. I think you may have stumbled on something there...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now what is really interesting is you qualifying that you never intended to do it that way. Imagine the type of mind that would intend to do that; I know it will go to voicemail and I'll just leave it running for an overheard conversation. Actually that is genius, I don't know what I went through the whole face to face thing when I could have planned a pocket voicemail all along. I think you may have stumbled on something there...

I'll set up a dumping consultancy right away :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whereas your phone clearly has a mind of it's own, unlocks itself, types and makes up wonderful, fanciful stories about how Labour were going to romp home at the Election.

That must be the case, as an intelligent chap like you surely couldn't have ever thought that was actually going to happen?

Up Yours, signed Herr Tubthumper's pocket :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here