Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has your phone done whilst in your pocket?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can't keep my HTC in the right front pocket of a particular pair of grubby denims. Whenever the phone lurks in there a series of uncontrollably hateful and bigoted messages are sent to anyone on my contact list which seems to have a least a slightly foreign surname. I call the pocket my Gibson Terse Purse, and change all my passwords so that the pouch can't wrinkle its despision to those I know. I have a bedraggled old sock called Nutkins with lengthy orange hairs attached that I cannot go to aquariums or coastal resorts wearing in case of twitching thoughts of footy blowhole meddling.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
My work Blackberry has a crap locking function and always manages to unlock itself in my rucksack.

More often than not, it's just typed a load of gobbledegook, but occasionally has ended up making calls.

It's never managed to post a photograph to Twitter though...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What has your phone done whilst in your pocket?
**** off Bozza you ****ing dull ****, no one gives a **** about your stupid post so do everyone a favour and shut it.

Sent from my iPhone

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It does nothing because it is locked.

Locked or unlocked, there is still a reasonable risk of getting testicular cancer by having mobile phones in pockets, especially front trouser pockets. All unproven of course but why take the chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Locked or unlocked, there is still a reasonable risk of getting testicular cancer by having mobile phones in pockets, especially front trouser pockets. All unproven of course but why take the chance.
If you put your phone in your back pocket there's more chance of you getting prostate cancer *.

* Source: 2016 completely made up by me.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Goes to show that he has as much control over his phone as he had over a football. But these things happen when sat in you average £200,000 customised Range-Rover after a good game . Probably interference from the £10,000 stereo. It's a Land-Rover thing; It get a similar problem in my 11 year old Disco, only in my case it is normally caused by me trying to avoid a puddle resulting from the leaking sunroof. He has my sympathy.

Mind you, bet it was an iPhone :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I once phoned 999 from my pocket. But that was back in the days of proper keys and no 'automatic' phone lock. In fact thinking about it, 999 overrides any lock that is in place, I believe...

Indeed it does. My old work blackberry twice made emergency calls from my pocket despite being " locked"

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What is wrong with you lot? This could easily happen from someone's pocket.

When I was playing park football, we lost 6-0 at home one day and I very accidentally sent one of our two fans there a picture of my bike. He was outraged as it cost £210 and he really wanted one. But he was out of work.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So...whilst his phone was in his pocket it unlocked itself, downloaded a photo of a Ferrari, opened Twitter, uploaded the picture to Twitter and then posted it. And then didn't tweet anything else.

Chinny reckon.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

An excellent reason to have one's testicles outside one's trousers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So...whilst his phone was in his pocket it unlocked itself, downloaded a photo of a Ferrari, opened Twitter, uploaded the picture to Twitter and then posted it. And then didn't tweet anything else.

Chinny reckon.

Don't be ridiculous.

It was a Mercedes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s phone seems to unlock itself, type and then post numerous threads about how great the Tories are doing. I know this because he has repeatedly said he isn't a Tory supporter :smile:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Am I the only one that finds his apology overly amusing for the fact that he is claiming he was driving, and presumably driving that very car?

Is that irony? (genuine question as I have never been fully confident of saying 'Oh the irony')

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here