Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has happened to Sussex CCC this summer?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Blimey, that's harsh stuff. Salt hasn't even played a CC match and you want rid, while Finch is just starting.
Wells has had a decent season (and Nash has had a really good one - 800 runs already) and Brown has been batting a place too high most of the season (and has had the pressure of captaincy too), despite this, he's averaging in the 40s so he's not had a shocker.

The only real disappointment is Machan who hasn't built on his excellent season last year (and Taylor, who hasn't delivered as an overseas player should).

As others have said, the real problem is that we're a batsman short - we also don't have a decent spinner.

The trouble is, we've punched above our weight for a couple of decades now - we haven't really got the money to buy more talent, so we have to develop it.

The club has really stepped up its efforts in talent-spotting and grassroots coaching in the past year or so (it readily admits that it had been poor). I think it will be some time before Sussex will be back on top but I think we're heading in the right direction

I read the above yesterday and it cheered me up a bit, reading it again to day it has cheered me up a bit again.

That said, this season is shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here