What happens if the seats are not finished

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is probably why there is no webcam at The Amex , fans disappointed to see 400 seats a day being put in place and shatter their illusions it's all going tits up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seriously, when I bought mine last year it was sold as something like W3F (or D, I forget which). I eventually got advised that block didn't exist and the seats we bought were in W3E (or similar, haven't got my card to hand). The seats were still there, they just labelled them wrong.

Ah fair enough, it was my Old Man who took the call so his version he told me was more dramatic probably than how it really went down.

He said he was told that the firm have come to fit the seats and the row we were sold doesn't exist, row 'P' I think it was.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
I'm not remotely worried about it. The club must surely have enough money to pay for the builders to work 24 hour shift patterns to get it all done in time. Right? Right?

Ok, maybe I am a little worried.
Normally, delivery dates are agreed and if the builder delivers early (and to quality) then they receive a bonus. If they deliver late, then penalties kick in. I'd assume the club will have contracted in this way?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
The seats will be finished. Not a chance they wont, stay cool people. They are leaving installing them to the last minute so they don't get dirty thats all.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
In time for the start of the season? obviously with so many tickets now pre-sold what happens if for some unkown reason the seats are not finished.

have any of the new season ticket holders been informed when they brought there ticket?

they will be at this rate. Comfortably.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Ah fair enough, it was my Old Man who took the call so his version he told me was more dramatic probably than how it really went down.

He said he was told that the firm have come to fit the seats and the row we were sold doesn't exist, row 'P' I think it was.

Just checked mine online and i have the test 3 part up .. Also have cardiff details up and Book next to it .. Not sure what that means ? Iam in ESU row Q

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Normally, delivery dates are agreed and if the builder delivers early (and to quality) then they receive a bonus. If they deliver late, then penalties kick in. I'd assume the club will have contracted in this way?

Well I certainly hope that they finish on time or early, don't want builders with their great big hob nail boots ruining our grass and taking penalties on our pitch!!
:rolleyes:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The seats will be finished. Not a chance they wont, stay cool people. They are leaving installing them to the last minute so they don't get dirty thats all.

I read that remark from Martin Perry and I thought it was very strange.

A year ago they installed the seats but left the plastic wrapping on, didn't they? Why not do the same this time, you know, just in case ... you wouldn't want to start and find that the suppliers had sent the wrong sized screws or something, would you? And don't let anyone say that couldn't happen.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
Well i've just rang up booked a stadium tour for 16 august and asked guy if all on schedule and he said yes. Last thing club will want is to postpone the first game of the season as be a bit embarrassing for them.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Well i've just rang up booked a stadium tour for 16 august and asked guy if all on schedule and he said yes. Last thing club will want is to postpone the first game of the season as be a bit embarrassing for them.

first game of the season is away at hull. be suprised if the give a toss about seats 300 miles away

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I read that remark from Martin Perry and I thought it was very strange.

A year ago they installed the seats but left the plastic wrapping on, didn't they? Why not do the same this time, you know, just in case ... you wouldn't want to start and find that the suppliers had sent the wrong sized screws or something, would you? And don't let anyone say that couldn't happen.

Yea, im sure it will be the same drill. They were relatively last minute last year too. The builders will be as keen as the club to be finished on time, there will be HEFTY penalties in place for every day they are late. Put it this way, if they can deliver a £100 million pound structure on time this time last year through 2 extreme winters, they can deliver a top tier and some corporate facilities.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Im just glad we have enough knowledge of stadium building on NSC that we can inform the contractors that they are doing their job wrong.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just checked mine online and i have the test 3 part up .. Also have cardiff details up and Book next to it .. Not sure what that means ? Iam in ESU row Q

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean

Went into ticket website and checked purchase history and the info it had there showed a test 3 line and another line with cardiff city game on and the words book next to it

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
first game of the season is away at hull. be suprised if the give a toss about seats 300 miles away

I was meaning the game against Cardiff obviously on the Tuesday. I asked if east stand would be on the tour to which I was told be touch and go not sure at this stage, but was told everything was on track.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There has to be a contingency. Any of the suppliers / subcontractors or main contractor could go bust completely outside the clubs control. Obviously unlikely, but you can never be 100% sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports