Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened after the Fire Drill at the Amex yesterday ? There was one on about 87 ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
... minutes yeah ?

I am a Fire Marshall at work so I chanced it and STAYED TO CHEER ON MY TEAM IN THEIR QUEST FOR AN EQUALISER .

Then left on full time and got home via train and bus here in BN1 by 17:50 a quick stroll to PP and in George Payne by 18:40 via Hove and Aldrington !

I'm surprised you had time to watch a full football match, I thought you would have been outside looking for a steam train, Helecopter, fighter jet or telling everyone about the weather. ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think there was a fire drill where I was sitting.

Either that or the fire alarms weren't working :shrug:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The question is how many of the early leavers will renew?

the real question is when they do not renew will the st's be cheaper, ..........doubt that very much
the early leavers are very lucky to be able to afford to go.

mind you things do not change over the years
Albion 2-1 Sunderland comes to mind
so long ago most will not remember it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
the real question is when they do not renew will the st's be cheaper, ..........doubt that very much
the early leavers are very lucky to be able to afford to go.

mind you things do not change over the years
Albion 2-0 Sunderland comes to mind
so long ago most will not remember it

Eric Potts and thought it was 1-0 down which became 2-1 in the 88th and 90th minute

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Eric Potts and thought it was 1-0 down which becam 2-1 on the 88th and 90th minute

does make me wonder how they would have managed at the Walsall game, just a few huddled together at the south end of the east terrace ..........but had the joy of watching 7 goals go in that end
it was really p***ing down that night

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
does make me wonder how they would have managed at the Walsall game, just a few huddled together at the south end of the east terrace ..........but had the joy of watching 7 goals go in that end
it was really p***ing down that night

and all in the second half

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Me and Mrs Earle and the boy Earle left after the 3rd goal. We usually remain till the whistle blows, but it was effing freezing and there can't have been a fan in the ground who thought there would be a rousing fightback in the final few minutes. We will be renewing our S/Ts, but don't tell Barber as I don't want to be taken for granted. Quite simply, these three loyal fans did not want to spend half an hour extra in the Mill Rd P&R queue in the freezing cold just in case the team took a sudden turn for the better in the last few minutes. It can't be assumed that the early leavers are the same at each match, and some of those who do, have no choice for health, family, business and many other reasons. We should be glad of every single supporter who pays and turns up for however long their circumstances allow. While I'm on this particular soapbox, if the club is concerned about it rather than just a few fans, perhaps Barber should liaise with B&H buses about Mill Rd P&R. If they can see there are enough in the queue, which generally snakes back to the Bennetts Field exit, then load two or three buses at the same time, shift them out, then get them back quicker. The bus guys who count the fans on say they CANNOT load more than one at a time. If we knew the second round would be back quicker, we could time our exit differently.

Last edited:

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I quite agree. After three and a half seasons at the Amex it seems no lessons have been learned about moving the queues and shifting buses out. The problem us exactly the same for the Mithras House queue. Empty buses are lined up,waiting while the jobs worth in charge either counts people on or, as he did yesterday, stands talking to his mates or drivers on other buses. It is surely not beyond the wit of those managing the queues to load two buses at a time and keep the queues moving.i would also suggest that in the close season the club looks seriously at the whole design of the bus loading area. At the moment the way in which people are held on the steps while buses are moving round. On of these days there will be accident as crowds arrive and push from behind.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just occurred to me. Maybe the longer the bus people are needed, the more weekend pay they get, so perhaps it's financially beneficial for the turnaround to take as long as possible. Sorry bus guys if I'm questioning your integrity, but you may see how it might look this way.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
so they can come to 3 home games provided we are in top 6

That's up to them. If they are contributing what's the problem? A bloke who sits next to me watches about three times a year, due to work commitments doesn't make him a bad supporter. Bloody nice bloke actually.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm surprised you had time to watch a full football match, I thought you would have been outside looking for a steam train, Helecopter, fighter jet or telling everyone about the weather. ???

Sorry old boy I don't speak JCL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here