Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened after the Fire Drill at the Amex yesterday ? There was one on about 87 ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

I have no issue with the early leavers other than those who then stand at the entrance to the stairwell, shaking there heads thus ensuring my view is now compromised.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's been a busy boy this morning trying to get his morning quota before his Mum calls him to wash his face. Although that may be difficult with the number of thumbs he must have.

Ah, now I understand. Last Sunday morning he had a thumbing frenzy just before dinner time. I fell victim on two occasions.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Club wants people to spend money so if they're on the concourse doing so then what's the problem-plus it's entertaining watching the same faces miss so many goals during the season! I get unlucky now and again as leaving on the 89th min for the P&R does make a huge difference, sometimes up to an hour, because of the queue to get out of Mill Rd (cars coming from the right at speed all the time at the top causes a right jam most of the time). And Ive already a couple hours drive home or 3 if there's an accident on the m23-25 as there frequently are. So could do without 4-5hr round trips becoming 6-7.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Clapped the team off booed the ref although he didn't have a bad game checked the other results on TV screens on the concourse walked to the coach park past the away section celebrating:rant: coach left car park at 17.15 dropped of at Hassocks about 17.35 then two stops in Burgess Hill 17.40 and 17.45 back in Haywards Heath 17.55 the only thing that was wrong we didn't win.:cry::shrug:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I left on their third goal and was having a beer in the North concourse when we scored.
Was I bothered? -- Nope, I've missed a few goals by getting the hump, but just like yesterday they are normally too little too late.
I've spent thousands in my life as an Albion fan so if I'm pissed off at another ordinary performance and leave so what.
I normally spend another tenner on beers after, so all good :drink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We broke our record by being in the Welly in Shoreham for 5.30. Did I care I missed our last goal ? Yeah right after that defending for their third goal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I left on their third goal and was having a beer in the North concourse when we scored.
Was I bothered? -- Nope, I've missed a few goals by getting the hump, but just like yesterday they are normally too little too late.
I've spent thousands in my life as an Albion fan so if I'm pissed off at another ordinary performance and leave so what.
I normally spend another tenner on beers after, so all good :drink:

Its people like you that keep the club going! :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The question is how many of the early leavers will renew?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have never really had an issue with people leaving early, its their prerogative and up to them. I will always stay until the end of the match and clap the team off, that's my choice, as much as leaving early is there's.

However, there is one group that really wind me up, no one else except these guys. They come into the stand 2-3 mins into the game without fail, then leave every match on 37 mins to go to the concourse, returning on average about 50-52 mins. They done this as normal yesterday and then left after the 2nd goal. Now that really is an absolute example of people that don't give a crap. To be honest, I really don't know why this group turn out to watch as they certainly don't support the team.

Rant over - feel better now

The people on the end of our row arrived 10 - 15 minutes late and left when their third went in. FFS!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
i was there, with my 5yr old until the end. sat in esl it was pretty sparse after 87 mins - got 2nd train home - thoroughly enjoyed the last 7 mins couldnt believe how unlucky we were (again)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Was sad empty as I can remember at 87 minutes. I can understand we were losing but even at 3-1 we still had a real good go. Easily could have been 3-3 by the end

Dec 4, 2013
... minutes yeah ?

I am a Fire Marshall at work so I chanced it and STAYED TO CHEER ON MY TEAM IN THEIR QUEST FOR AN EQUALISER .

Then left on full time and got home via train and bus here in BN1 by 17:50 a quick stroll to PP and in George Payne by 18:40 via Hove and Aldrington !

seems unlikely they would have a fire drill during a game? that would be crazy - are you sure it wasn't a real fire? i suppose the point of a fire drill is to be prepared for emergencies though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here