Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your username mean or relate to?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
my name is bill and im partial to a glass of red wine

Except Potting isn't in charge of his team...

I know, Roy is in charge but I believe he is rugby fan. I have a vague recollection that in one of the earlier books there is a reminiscence of Roy going to games at the Goldstone with his dad.

I am ever hopeful that one of the future novels will be based on the mysterious discovery of the remains of a corrupt businessman and a failed politician in the foundations of a shiny new stadium!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Philzo because are what my mates affectionately call me :wave:
and 93 is from the year 1993 in which I was blessed to be born to the world of Brighton & Hove Albion :ascarf:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He was my favourite Albion player at the time I registered.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The Merry Pranksters were a group of people who formed around American author Ken Kesey (One flew over the cuckoos nest) in 1964 and sometimes lived communally at his homes in California and Oregon. The group promoted the use of psychedelic drugs. Ken Kesey and The Merry Pranksters are noted for the sociological significance of a lengthy road trip they took in the summer of 1964, traveling across the United States in a psychedelic painted school bus enigmatically labeled "Further." Their early escapades were chronicled by Tom Wolfe in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
Notable members include Kesey's best friend Ken Babbs and Neal Cassady, Carolyn Adams (also known as Mountain Girl), Allen Ginsberg, Wavy Gravy, Paul Krassner, Stewart Brand, Del Close, Paul Foster, Kentucky Fab Five authors Ed McClanahan (AKA "Captain Kentucky") and Gurney Norman, George Walker, Sandy Lehmann-Haupt, John Page Browning (also known as Rampage or the Cadaverous Cowboy) and others.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
My sister used to text me match reports which focosed mainly on the state of Guy Butters shorts

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I used to own a small holding in Piltdown. One of our fields was were the "Piltdown Man" was supposedly discovered. Even though it was a hoax, when we sold the property we had to get the professor of archaeology at Wealden Council to visit, to satisfy our purchaser's solicitor that no further digging would take place. Cost me a fortune.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Someone already made the comment I was going to make here.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I used to be a skipper of Yachts, and that is the sail number of my favorite boat.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I took mine from an oft overlooked Albion manager.

He was only her for 18 months or so but turned around a relegation bound side into promotion contenders and formidible at the Goldstone. He also signed Alex Dawson.

Saw some cracking games with huge crowds during his short time and the FG was pached by Birmingham City and he took them up for a few years in the top division.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I got a bit over excited by a few pre season goals from our new superstar striker, and concluded that he was going to take the Championship defences apart, and we would soon have a witty chant for him using the um bongo song from the classic 80s TV ad.

He didn't, and we didn't.

My excitement peaked about 30 seconds into the first day of the season when he poked one past the reading keeper up the far end in the glorious sunshine. Unfortunately, so did his career.

Further evidence that I was a bit over-excited is that I spelt his surname wrong and have never bothered to change it...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I originally signed up many moons ago but didn't post & in time I forgot what my log in details were so when I moved to Outer Mongolia I had to think of something quick because somebody had posted something that had to have a response, I can't remember what it was they posted now though. Basically I tend to forget things so I registered as Forgetful Seagull but yet again forgot what my log in details were......etc etc etc

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
And then I was going to sign in as Spanish Seagulls but with the Spanish spelling & all that but I forgot what the translated version of Spanish Seagulls was & "the rest" as they say "was history", at least I think thats what they say, I forget. It's something along those lines. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here