Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your NSC screen name mean ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
For those of us old enough to remember Jimmy Melia and the 83 cup run. It turned out that he used to go to nightclubs with his much younger girlfriend and would wear these white shoes. I even think he wore matching trousers.
Whenever his name was mentioned apart from the cup those shoes always sprang to mind.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
For those of us old enough to remember Jimmy Melia and the 83 cup run. It turned out that he used to go to nightclubs with his much younger girlfriend and would wear these white shoes. I even think he wore matching trousers.
Whenever his name was mentioned apart from the cup those shoes always sprang to mind.

You should have had MELIA DANCES WITH WHITE SHOES it would of sounded like the nickname they gave to native Indians a bit like the film DANCES WITH WOLVES

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I build satellite payloads for a living, and am required to stamp paperwork for every operation I perform during my shift. I work for the Assembly, Integration and Test department and my stamp number is 76

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
My nickname is Mowgli (based upon my slightly similar sounding surname) but some bugger already has that username so I added my favourite number to the end

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
With the merry go round of players we had in the gillingham/withdean era. I was convinced I would get a players name on the back of my shirt then he would leave. So I got my favourite drink (at the time) and number 7 on the back of my shirt.

Soon became my nickname. Still get called it at football occasionally.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
nib·ble
[nib-uhl] Show IPA verb, nib·bled, nib·bling, noun
verb (used without object)
to bite off small bits.
to eat or chew in small bites: Give him a graham cracker to nibble on.
to bite, eat, or chew gently and in small amounts (usually followed by at ): She was so upset she could only nibble at her food.
verb (used with object)
to bite off small bits of (something).
to eat (food) by biting off small pieces.
to bite in small bits: He nibbled each morsel with great deliberation.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Surname = Ross.

Paolo was my nickname in the early days of secondary school in 1982 (after Paolo Rossi, the Italian FLAIR striker of that year's World Cup).

Thought I'd "Albionise" it somehow, so linked my surname and nickname to the *slightly* less FLAIRY Ross Johnson (1994-2000, 124 appearances, 2 goals)

So, a bit of everything. Perfect.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Mine came from a guy in the office I was working in who when he didn't know the answer to a question would reply "kumquats". He never explained why.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mine came from a guy in the office I was working in who when he didn't know the answer to a question would reply "kumquats". He never explained why.

The exact reason I am glad I dont work in an office.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Skipper.......Top Boy on the Boat.
734............ Part of one of my favourite yachts ID number.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Have a Phd and my surname starts with a Q

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My favourite Newman and Baddiel characters,from the 'History Today' sketches."You see that Nigel over there? I am aware of it,yes?That's you that is"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here