Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does Hemed do?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just watched the highlights again. Even on that short set of highlights there was an excellent bit of play from him to set up Wilson's first shot (across PiG from the left that went wide). Hope he gets one soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched the highlights again. Even on that short set of highlights there was an excellent bit of play from him to set up Wilson's first shot (across PiG from the left that went wide). Hope he gets one soon.
Plus it was his assist that set up March :lol:

#clutchingatstraws.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Apart from his inability to shoot/head he is actually pretty good.
I love the way Bobby has caressed all four goals into the net rather than blast any of them. Shows what experience can do. Hemed needs to just calm down and stop snatching at his chances.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The idiot that sits in front of me has been struggling to hate a player this season, but it is clear Hemed is the new Barnes/CMS for him. Slagged him off constantly for anything, then when he got subbed kept repeating 'IM NOT CLAPPING HE DOESNT DESERVE IT HIS PERFORMANCE IS A DISGRACE. ' and 'HES DONE NOTHING THIS SEASON WE'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH 10 MEN CARRYING HIM'

[emoji85]

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Works his nuts off every game and has been extraordinarily unlucky not to score in the past few weeks. Not a world-beater yet by any means but considering he only came into English football this summer, I think he's adapted remarkably well and shown already that he's a good acquisition. Looked very demoralised at one point during the second half - be good if people get behind him, rather than get on the back. We wouldn't be top of the league without the effort he's put in all season.

In the context of your statement, does it make Bobby lucky for scoring four goals and Stockdale lucky for making that great save yesterday. He has been asked to step a long way, but what I see out there is someone who is slow, lacking in anticipation and not completely connected. At the moment he's not cutting it and appears not to be able to do 90 minutes, of course I want him to score and succeed here, lets see. Luck in football is an instant thing, a deflection, a slip or an incorrect refereeing decision, it is not something that continually evades a player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Apart from his inability to shoot/head he is actually pretty good.
I love the way Bobby has caressed all four goals into the net rather than blast any of them. Shows what experience can do. Hemed needs to just calm down and stop snatching at his chances.

Not quite so sure Bobby 'caressed' that ball into the goal against Bristol City, It almost broket he back of the preverbial net, as the saying goes.

But I agree re Tomer, he needs to relax a little bit more, stop trying to shoot when there is little chance of scoring, and go back to what he was doing earlier in the season when he was scoring.

All easier said than done I know.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not quite so sure Bobby 'caressed' that ball into the goal against Bristol City, It almost broket he back of the preverbial net, as the saying goes.

But I agree re Tomer, he needs to relax a little bit more, stop trying to shoot when there is little chance of scoring, and go back to what he was doing earlier in the season when he was scoring.

All easier said than done I know.

The net wasn't proverbial.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strange reading through this thread how similar many of the comments are ('just needs one to go in off his ear', for example, or holds up play well, etc.) to those made about COG last year - but all positive rather than hostile. Is that because we're top of the league instead of almost bottom, because Hemed has actually scored a few earlier in the season, or what?

Incidentally, COG appeared to have a good game yesterday - scored a decent goal and set up another with a peach of a cross.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Strange reading through this thread how similar many of the comments are ('just needs one to go in off his ear', for example, or holds up play well, etc.) to those made about COG last year - but all positive rather than hostile. Is that because we're top of the league instead of almost bottom, because Hemed has actually scored a few earlier in the season, or what?

Incidentally, COG appeared to have a good game yesterday - scored a decent goal and set up another with a peach of a cross.

very much this, comments on here depend on our position in the league and the result on the day. COG and Hemed do have many similarities.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In the context of your statement, does it make Bobby lucky for scoring four goals and Stockdale lucky for making that great save yesterday. He has been asked to step a long way, but what I see out there is someone who is slow, lacking in anticipation and not completely connected. At the moment he's not cutting it and appears not to be able to do 90 minutes, of course I want him to score and succeed here, lets see. Luck in football is an instant thing, a deflection, a slip or an incorrect refereeing decision, it is not something that continually evades a player.

He was able to 'cut it' and 'do 90 minutes' earlier in the season when he was scoring goals. He's had a barren spell that happens to many strikers but has the attributes to come good again. Looks low on confidence at the moment but maybe we should give him more than 3 and a bit months in a new team and a new country before we write him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here