Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does Hemed do?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was poor today to be fair. I like him, but I do think he would benefit from a rest for a couple of games - just to get his head together. He'll come back better for it

I agree. I really like him for his play but he & Bobby didn't have a great first half. I still think Hemed & Wilson will be the way to go as Bob can't last more than 60 and can't play every game...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Works hard, they all should, runs off the ball, holds it up, really. What about scoring, a very poor miss in the first half, lacking in movement, anticipation and needs to take the concrete out of his boots. He's only selected because of the lack of striker numbers. Will be interesting to see how CH selects the next team with the arrival of James Wilson. He's living on borrowed time and looks to be out of his depth. I do however want him to score!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Works his nuts off every game and has been extraordinarily unlucky not to score in the past few weeks. Not a world-beater yet by any means but considering he only came into English football this summer, I think he's adapted remarkably well and shown already that he's a good acquisition. Looked very demoralised at one point during the second half - be good if people get behind him, rather than get on the back. We wouldn't be top of the league without the effort he's put in all season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't hear that one but caught Greer's interviews and he was talking about how much hard work players did during the match and highlighted a couple of players including Hemed.
I've only just watched Greer's interview, and he didn't mention Hemed, the interviewer did.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The rest of the team seem to appreciate his input, and he gets into some good positions, but the goals have dried up for him. I think the time has come to rest him, he's played a lot of football and is still settling into the area. Maybe he just needs a break?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The poor blokes confidence is shot and seriously needs to score a goal but I can't see how he will, seemed to me to be the worst of the pitch today, deserved a clap off but not a standing applause Shirley ?

He does an awful lot actually.

Perfectly true that in goal scoring terms he isn't finding the net at the moment, but what I love about him is that his head never drops, he works tirelessly for the cause, runs his socks off, and makes chances for others.

He will start finding his shooting boots again very soon, I'm convinced of it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The rest of the team seem to appreciate his input, and he gets into some good positions, but the goals have dried up for him. I think the time has come to rest him, he's played a lot of football and is still settling into the area. Maybe he just needs a break?

I think a break is the last thing that he needs. Lets face it, Sam Baldock has a long term injury, Bobby can't play many games for ninety minutes, and James Wilson is new to the side.

I think we need Tomer more than ever, and frankly if he continues to work as hard as he does, and make chances for others, I'd keep him in the team.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Anyone who thought hemed was shit today is an idiot. Burnley and today he looked very good add his assist at Reading all be it a fairly average game for him i think he adds a fair amount.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Anyone who thought hemed was shit today is an idiot. Burnley and today he looked very good add his assist at Reading all be it a fairly average game for him i think he adds a fair amount.

Lets face it, anyone who thinks he's shit obviously didn't watch Leon Best last season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's pretty good going to have a top quality striker who is lacking form, goals and confidence, and still be top and undefeated.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bobby at Burnley scored after Tomer's shot hit the bar. A couple of inches lower, and..........

I must admit yesterday I really noticed how hard he works. One day soon he will get a hat-trick and we will win by more than the odd goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I feel for him as he is only a goal away from getting his confidence back, but he is in a team of winners so it will not take long to get that elusive goal he so desperately needs.

You missed his fine touches, runs taking defenders out of position, harrying and general knackering of their back line, then.
But I applaud the thread title.

I thought he did really well today. Lots of passes, flicks, turns, showed strength and was a right pain to their back line. Feel for the fella though, badly needs a goal because he can't hit the proverbial barn door at the moment. Expecting Wilson and BZ to start next week.

Although he has hit a barren patch, his work rate, strength on the ball,...in fact his general ability to be a " busy body" as far as the opposition is concerned, make him, in my opinion, a key reason for our success this season. One of my favourite players!

A tremendous amount of work for the team and his link up play wih BZ was brilliant. We lost it when that was broken and BZ went off. He just needs the ball to hit him and go into the net to get him back scoring.

All of the above, a couple of weeks ago I thought he looked a little jaded, but not yesterday, he did well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BZ mentioned 'critical voices', if that's the case Tomer NEEDS a song...

...and he needs it NOW.

He's low on confidence and if he thinks he doesn't have the fans that's hardly going to help.

Just a simple Tomer Tomer Tomer Tomer ahh ahhh a ahhh, will do for now.
Just so long as there's something.

el punal

He was poor today to be fair. I like him, but I do think he would benefit from a rest for a couple of games - just to get his head together. He'll come back better for it

No one in an Albion shirt was poor. Yes, Hemed has been unfortunate, has had bad luck when it comes to scoring himself, but has been creating chances for other players to do the business. Rest him for a couple of games? I'm not sure that will do his confidence much good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here